Phillips speaking about Ekuban

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Phillips speaking about Ekuban

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9098091

Phillips cant talk as he has gone backwards this season and as for saying Ekuban scores 9 times out of 10 in training tells me Ekuban cant cope with ER and the crowd, like many of this team and other players before him.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Phillips speaking about Ekuban

Post by SG90 »

It's all good saying he does it in training, but unless that gets us points I don't see the point. I thought the goal v Bolton would change things for him, but he's missed three sitters since then. It's the same with Grot, neither has any confidence in front of goal and shouldn't be playing.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Sounds to me like the Players are sticking up for each other, nothing wrong with that from a team spirit perspective (sure is better than slagging each other off).

Agree Philips as gone off in our bad run but thought he was excellent when he came on versus Fulham.

Think both him and Viera can be up and down and need resting occasionally both seem to come back from a spell on the bench stronger.
Believe that's a case with many young players, keep playing them they seem to go off the boil, need resting to freshen them up.

Add to that I like Ekuban and think there is a good chance he will come good, wouldn't want to sell him to a rival (suspect that would come back and haunt us). Yes concerned as others about his strike rate, needs to just play a bit part at present, odd game here and there to try develop him.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 496

Post by Deleted User 496 »

What the players say publicly and what they think privately will almost always be entirely different. They're not going to say anything publicly other than back up each other, etc.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Dubleeds wrote:What the players say publicly and what they think privately will almost always be entirely different. They're not going to say anything publicly other than back up each other, etc.
That suggests you think he criticises him privately, doubt that very much to be honest.
Deleted User 496

Selby White wrote:
Dubleeds wrote:What the players say publicly and what they think privately will almost always be entirely different. They're not going to say anything publicly other than back up each other, etc.
That suggests you think he criticises him privately, doubt that very much to be honest.
No sorry not saying that ("what they think)" , just that what they say publicly I would pay little attention to, tbh.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Dubleeds wrote:
Selby White wrote:
No sorry not saying that, just that what they say publicly I would pay little attention to, tbh.
Don't we all :thumbup:
I do like to read players speaking positivly though, done a lot of sports coaching it does lift players when they hear good stuff said about them. :D
Deleted User 496

Selby White wrote:
Dubleeds wrote:
Selby White wrote:
No sorry not saying that, just that what they say publicly I would pay little attention to, tbh.
Don't we all :thumbup:
I do like to read players speaking positivly though, done a lot of sports coaching it does lift players when they hear good stuff said about them. :D
Oh that's true. :thumbup: