The positives

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 728

Re: The positives

Post by Deleted User 728 »

zigzag wrote:The fact that you meet fellow Leeds fans everywhere

Ive lost track of the number of places in the UK and elsewhere where Ive struck up a conversation with or given the salute to a fellow fan either because they or I or my son are wearing something Leeds related

Two days ago, shopping in The Range. I bumped into a fella coming round the corner of an aisle, about 65 wearing a club jacket.

I just smiled and raised my fist to my heart and he chuckled and wandered off, his wife none the wiser :D
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

rigger wrote:
kk_white wrote:BB, you said in 6 words exactly what I tried with nearly 100... :thumbup:
Don't worry, mate : it's normally the other way around ;)

I'm sure normal service will be resumed soon :D
:D :D :D :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Get the kettle on
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Get the kettle on »

I'm not into glass half full nor empty. It's half a glass to me. Still i'll happily say what i find brilliant about being an LUFC fan.

I'll not go into details as it's a long and boring story but I LOVE Leeds as a city and LUFC as my club. I had to move away from Leeds years ago but it's just in my blood and I love it being there. Proud of my accent, proud of the white rose and proud of my footy team. Also proud as punch to be able to interact with passionate supporters giving passionate opinions because they care for a club they as proud about.

LUFC fans and the club are great.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Birth place- wrong one
Accent - wrong one
Match visits - not enough
Era - just caught the end of the greatest phase
Leeds - through and through

Very few get it, what it means, here amongst my circle. If Leeds are on ...the world stops for a couple of hours.

MOT
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

As to be the fans. I mean who else shouts so loud with nothing to shout about? :D Well, other than Boris Johnson.

I dread the day when we are famous again and we let the football do the talking.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

No matter how bad things get (and they being bad for a while) we still support our club, no matter who is on the field, who owns us, the fact we will never turn our back on our club and its the best club in the world.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Deleted User 496

Post by Deleted User 496 »

Davycc wrote:Birth place- wrong one
Accent - wrong one
Match visits - not enough
Era - just caught the end of the greatest phase
Leeds - through and through

Very few get it, what it means, here amongst my circle. If Leeds are on ...the world stops for a couple of hours.

MOT
If Leeds are on ...the world stops for a couple of hours

So true.
Deebo
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Deebo »

The connections I have made in my life through following Leeds United have quite literally changed my life!

I moved up to Leeds from London after visiting a couple of times for games and fell in love with the place. When I moved to Australia, forming a members branch in Sydney made me my first new friends in Australia, people I still keep in touch with today.

The supporters of this club are so passionate, and as a few have already said, EVERYWHERE. Supporting Leeds United has been tough at times, but I love how following this club connects you to so many people around the world, and while may won't say it, other fans wish they had what we have as supporters. Loud as hell, crazy as batshit, and never stop singing!