What's the Verdict?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Karolkarol
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Re: What's the Verdict?

Post by Karolkarol »

Feel slightly sorry for PH or indeed any manager who comes to a club and has to deal with other managers (or indeed Director of Fooballs) players. We are woeful at centre back (beyond PJ) and in centre midfield and that coupled with the inevitable post Christmas injuries and suspensions has left us in freefall. To me Orta should be carrying the can for this car crash of a season, poor recruitment with the odd diamond shining in a pile of sh*t.

On the upside, off field we seem to be stable, the under 23's and under 18's have been restocked and we appear to have some promising youngsters knocking about.

If and it's a big if, we can keep Pablo, PJ, Saiz, Alioski, Forshaw, Ayling, drip feed youngsters like Pearce, Clarke, BPF, Vieira x 2 into the team on occasion and recruit wisely and in the correct positions we really should be a hell of a lot better next season.
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

Leicester White wrote:Wee I guess? Yes, I wanted Strachan when we got PH. McCarthy was my second choice... romantic notion, but I'd like someone who loves the club which PH clearly doesn't.
As a player I thought Strachan was fantastic and he did wonders for that Leeds team, but as a manager he doesn't strike me as someone who would life this great club out of the Championship to be honest. He has managed a few sides now and he hasn't really done wonders with anyone bar Celtic which in fairness is far easier than it would be in any of the English leagues because its always a two horse race between Rangers and Celtic every year. Its a pity because i liked Strachan as a player but his management style doesn't give me any hope that he'd do a good job for us, especially with our tight budget. McCarthy I do like but I think he needs time away from football for a year to recharge his batteries a bit, He seems burned out from the years at Ipswich. Bring back Larry Grayson. :D
TezzaWazzaBazza
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by TezzaWazzaBazza »

Karolkarol wrote:Feel slightly sorry for PH or indeed any manager who comes to a club and has to deal with other managers (or indeed Director of Fooballs) players. We are woeful at centre back (beyond PJ) and in centre midfield and that coupled with the inevitable post Christmas injuries and suspensions has left us in freefall. To me Orta should be carrying the can for this car crash of a season, poor recruitment with the odd diamond shining in a pile of sh*t.

On the upside, off field we seem to be stable, the under 23's and under 18's have been restocked and we appear to have some promising youngsters knocking about.

If and it's a big if, we can keep Pablo, PJ, Saiz, Alioski, Forshaw, Ayling, drip feed youngsters like Pearce, Clarke, BPF, Vieira x 2 into the team on occasion and recruit wisely and in the correct positions we really should be a hell of a lot better next season.
Agree with this. Hopefully our weaknesses all over the pitch will be addressed by better recruitment, returns from injury and some youngster's coming through. PH should be given an opportunity. He identifies the weaknesses in the team or how we play, which TC didn't publicly at least. He's introduced youngsters.

It was really hard to get over expectations after being top of the league, but we are where we are. I think there has been recognition by the club of what hasn't worked. Radz needs to cough up some cash for the squad now.