Wages to turn over ratio 2016/17

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Wages to turn over ratio 2016/17

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Winner of the Europa League
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Wages to turn over ratio 2016/17

Post by SG90 »

Destroys the myth that Huddersfield got promoted on peanuts then. Funny how Brighton, Huddersfield, Wendies and Fulham all lost over £20m last season and yet we were rewarded for making a profit by missing out on the playoffs. Just shows ffp is a failure.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

It would help if we had the actual figures to give a more balanced picture.

For example, we may have spent the lowest percentage but I'm pretty sure we outspent plenty of the sides "above" us in that table in absolute terms.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

FFP is judged over 3 seasons isn't it? If so then that should lessen the outrage. However, what possibly is outrageous that clubs don't actually seem to have been punished/made to pay their penalty so far.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

rigger wrote:It would help if we had the actual figures to give a more balanced picture.

For example, we may have spent the lowest percentage but I'm pretty sure we outspent plenty of the sides "above" us in that table in absolute terms.
Not sure about 'plenty' of the sides above us. Our turnover will be higher than most (if not all) but that percentage is low. Maybe we wouldn't be near the top for actual wages paid which may reflect the poor quality of our squad.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

If it reflects anything at all, I can categorically guarantee it'll be the difficulty to prise open Cellino's wallet ..
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

What I don't get is all these owners have made fortunes, yet at their clubs all they do is lose money. Surely they must know about spending money wisely?
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Image
From the OS:-

- Once again the club has continued to carefully manage its operating cost base effectively- first team playing wages represented 47% of turnover compared to 50% during the prior financial year whilst the club finished six League positions higher during the most recent campaign.

I presume the 61% is for all staff wages not just the 1st team.Hence the differance.
Deleted User 728

Yeah, you would think so wouldn't you ?
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

SG90 wrote:What I don't get is all these owners have made fortunes, yet at their clubs all they do is lose money. Surely they must know about spending money wisely?
At their clubs all that happen is the clubs lose money. The owners rarely take a hit themselves. Look at the Oystons. Run the club into the ground financially (and in footballing terms of course), but it's barely affected them personally because of the financial structuring of ownership as a separate financial vehicle to their own wealth.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’