You are buying the club from AR in the summer ...

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
swindonwhite
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

You are buying the club from AR in the summer ...

Post by swindonwhite »

I think we have all given our views as to what we would do if we were the Leeds Utd manager. But if you actually owned this beautiful sleeping giant what would you do-say june 1st with a good amount of coin - £65 - £75 million to spend on you're new toy. Gonna need to think it through obviously the playing staff and manager would be top priority but who & where.
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Re: You are buying the club from AR in the summer - what wou

Post by BrighouseWhite »

First job is to sack Orta if he is still here. Would probably keep PH and give him a chance when he's got his own players in.
Pennington & Lasogga sent packing back to their respective clubs

Players sold for certain: Wiedwald, Alioski, Cibicki, Gomes, Ekuban, Grot, Sacko
Possibly also get rid of Anita, De Bock, Saiz, Beradi

Our squad is far too big and padded out with players that are no where near making the first team so it's likely there would be others to leave, but not having actually seen them play it's hard to say who.

Get PH to identify a proven goal scorer he wants along with an experienced central midfielder that won't be bullied and a good, commanding centre back.
Make Lewie Coyle part of the first team squad and see how good Ideguchi is when he comes after his loan deal.
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I would hope that Heck would be watching the 23s to see who's ready to make the step up.

I agree with most of the players listed for sale by Brig, with the exception of Cibicki, Anita and De Bock. I don't think they've been given enough of a chance yet, Anita especially given he's barely played in his natural role as a defensive midfielder.
If you can make the Holland squad as a midfielder you should be able to play in the Championship so I think we should definitely keep the guy but play him where he should be played. That goes for everyone : Dallas on the wing, Roofe through the middle, Hernandez as a #10, etc.

Also agree with the spine signings, but I'd say two DCs, experienced holding and playmaking MCs as well as a first choice striker.
We've got enough kids coming through : they need to be given playing time sensibly (one or two per match, not half a team) to build their experience and confidence.

Oh, and please can we fire that set piece coach from a cannon back to wherever he came from too, while we're at it ?? :D
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I see in the paper today that Wolves are set to spend 20m (10m each) on two loan players. If we have serious ambitions to reach the Premiership we have to forget about paying 3/4m for players and spend some serious money for serious players.
I once played against Don Revie.
swindonwhite

Post by swindonwhite »

rigger wrote:I would hope that Heck would be watching the 23s to see who's ready to make the step up.

I agree with most of the players listed for sale by Brig, with the exception of Cibicki, Anita and De Bock. I don't think they've been given enough of a chance yet, Anita especially given he's barely played in his natural role as a defensive midfielder.
If you can make the Holland squad as a midfielder you should be able to play in the Championship so I think we should definitely keep the guy but play him where he should be played. That goes for everyone : Dallas on the wing, Roofe through the middle, Hernandez as a #10, etc.

Also agree with the spine signings, but I'd say two DCs, experienced holding and playmaking MCs as well as a first choice striker.
We've got enough kids coming through : they need to be given playing time sensibly (one or two per match, not half a team) to build their experience and confidence.

Oh, and please can we fire that set piece coach from a cannon back to wherever he came from too, while we're at it ?? :D
That's one area I think Cibicki excels.
ilkley62

Post by ilkley62 »

Try & get Sean Dyche & sell him the idea of what he could achieve in the next 5 years at Leeds
Deleted User 728

Re: You are buying the club from AR in the summer ...

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Weirdly enough, I was talking to a colleague at work today about Dyche, saying that the only club we could see him going to after Burnley would be Everton.

Surely none of the top six would entertain him as a serious candidate, would they ?
Not even Arsenal and certainly not Man U after Moyes.

I doubt we'd even have any kind of chance at all.

I'm pretty sure Heck will still be here anyway ..
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

Sgt Wilko got Wednesday promoted and into the Top 6 in the Top flight and we persuaded him to join us in the 2nd division... I think ilkley62 is on to something - no harm asking and massive upside if the remote chance comes off. Would need someone with Bill Fotherby's charisma and persuasive skills... apparently he went for Bobby Robson first who declined, but was smart enough to ask him who would be 2nd best. So moral of the story - start at the top and work your way down in order if unsuccessful. I certainly think PH appointment shows lack or real ambition/imagination - always thought it better to laugh rather than cry and this made me laugh if you haven't seen it, it's a minute well spent: https://www.facebook.com/SoccerAM/video ... 596863866/
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Well if I was in charge, I'd make the tickets lowered to £25 and cheaper for young fans to attract the next generation away from watching the top 6 on Sky.

I think playing wise we need to sign players who are at clubs that would be considered a "downgrade" to come here. For example, Hernandez, Jansson, Saiz all came from clubs higher up than us and it shows as they're our best 3. We always talk about needing players who can handle the pressure so we need players who've been involved at clubs with pressure before they came here.

The same with managers too. Stop looking for cheap options below us, look for quality and the kind of manager players would want to sign for.

Also stop with the quantity over quality approach. We spent £28m this season, we could have signed 5 £5m players for the first eleven and the rest of the squad made up of youth.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

I am not sure about sacking Orta, but at the very least his role should be reduced. If he departs for Deportivo La Coruna, then he should be replaced in some capacity. The new manager/head coach should decide whether or not to be supported by a new sporting director or by a bolstering of the scouting network in general.

New Manager/Head Coach: Oscar Garcia
Formation: 4-3-3
Definitely out: Lonergan, Wiedwald, Berardi, O'Kane, Murphy, Antonsson, [Pennington, Lasogga]
Definitely loaned: Cibicki, Grot
Maybe loaned: Ideguchi
Maybe out permanently/loaned: Cooper, De Bock, Denton, Anita, Phillips, Klich, Sacko, Dallas, Ekuban
Keep: Peacock-Farrell, Ayling, Jansson, O'Connor, Shaughnessy, Pearce, Vieira, Forshaw, Hernandez, Saiz, Alioski, Roofe, Roberts

GK: NEW (David Button), Peacock-Farrell
RB: Ayling, Coyle
CB: NEW (Connor Goldson), O'Connor
CB: Jansson, [Cooper/NEW (Danny Batth)], Shaughnessy
LB: [NEW (Luke Garbutt)/De Bock], Pearce
DM: Vieira, [Anita/Ideguchi], Rey
CM: Forshaw, [Phillips/NEW (Jon Nolan/Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe)]
CM: Hernandez, [Klich/Ideguchi]
RW: Saiz, Alioski
LW: NEW (Callum Robinson), [Dallas], Clarke
CF: NEW (Ollie McBurnie), Roberts, Roofe, [NEW (Jerry Mbakogu)/Ekuban), Sarkic/Dalby

I want the front three to be fairly fluid in movement, not necessarily completely fixed with their positions.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."