You are buying the club from AR in the summer ...

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: You are buying the club from AR in the summer ...

Post by SG90 »

I wouldn't get rid of Roofe. Lasogga is off and we don't know anything about Roberts yet, so that just leaves Grot and Ebukan, who aren't good enough. He's more than trebled his goal tally from last season, so he has improved. Plus we need a certain number of homegrown players available.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

He just looks to have an attitude problem to me, lazy and disinterested at times. To be fair, I’m in the minority of those around me in the North Stand, so maybe it’s just me.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

SiMamu wrote:I am not sure about sacking Orta, but at the very least his role should be reduced. If he departs for Deportivo La Coruna, then he should be replaced in some capacity. The new manager/head coach should decide whether or not to be supported by a new sporting director or by a bolstering of the scouting network in general.

New Manager/Head Coach: Oscar Garcia
Formation: 4-3-3
Definitely out: Lonergan, Wiedwald, Berardi, O'Kane, Murphy, Antonsson, [Pennington, Lasogga]
Definitely loaned: Cibicki, Grot
Maybe loaned: Ideguchi
Maybe out permanently/loaned: Cooper, De Bock, Denton, Anita, Phillips, Klich, Sacko, Dallas, Ekuban
Keep: Peacock-Farrell, Ayling, Jansson, O'Connor, Shaughnessy, Pearce, Vieira, Forshaw, Hernandez, Saiz, Alioski, Roofe, Roberts

GK: NEW (David Button), Peacock-Farrell
RB: Ayling, Coyle
CB: NEW (Connor Goldson), O'Connor
CB: Jansson, [Cooper/NEW (Danny Batth)], Shaughnessy
LB: [NEW (Luke Garbutt)/De Bock], Pearce
DM: Vieira, [Anita/Ideguchi], Rey
CM: Forshaw, [Phillips/NEW (Jon Nolan/Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe)]
CM: Hernandez, [Klich/Ideguchi]
RW: Saiz, Alioski
LW: NEW (Callum Robinson), [Dallas], Clarke
CF: NEW (Ollie McBurnie), Roberts, Roofe, [NEW (Jerry Mbakogu)/Ekuban), Sarkic/Dalby

I want the front three to be fairly fluid in movement, not necessarily completely fixed with their positions.

I like this one. :thumbup:
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

For me:

I am not so knowledgeable about players, so my first priority would be to, without a doubt, sign the best manager/coach that I could.

- I would also employ an excellent director of football, possibly one that has history with Leeds United.

- Along with the Director of Football and the new manager/coach I would then weedle out all of the players that need to go and replace them with better ones. Apart from obviously their footballing abilites, I would be looking for players that have some substance to their character, some guts and staying power. Getting out of the Championship is no easy ride so anyone who thinks it is would have no place in my team.

- I would look at reducing ticket prices and introducing new promotions and incentives to increase the overall gate. Such as loyalty incentives and the empahsis on family frendly etc.

- I would also look at increasing player sponsorships. (Though I do not know whether or not or how much this exists now.)

- I would certainly prefer to have a more appropriate sponsorship than a betting company.

Just a few ideas. I would certainly leave the football side to those that know and my interest would be more on PR and new ideas.
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

Out for me: Beradi (liability), Phillips (simply not good enough like Mowatt), Dallas (tries hard but too slow ineffective), Roofe (has shown again and again that he isn't resilient enough), Sacko (had enough chances).

Keep: Vieria (if we can), Jansson (make him captain), Ayling, Saiz, Hernandez, Foreshaw, O' Kane (has had a bad press on here I feel), Alioski (has had a decent season imo), Ekuban (think he could come good), and perhaps controversially Lasogga (he knows where the goal,is and is a good finisher when supplied).

While BPF has done okay, I think we need an experienced keeper (but not Lonergan).

Beyond this I say try a few youngsters and a couple of marquee signing to boost our midfield and strike force.
I still don't think our best 11 is a million miles away.

Oh and... get rid of PH. He's not the man. Sorry to say it again but I just don't think he is.
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
swindonwhite
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by swindonwhite »

Some good ideas so far. Now I have had 24hrs to ponder the squad this is what I've come up with
SELL- Weidwald-Lonergan-Beradi-Cooper-Anita-Okane-Dallas-Sacko-Denton-Ekuban-Lassonga-Grot-Attonson-Murphy-Cibicki-Klitch-
Look at pre season - Gomez-Pennington-De Bock-Philips-Shaughnessy-Roofe-& the u23s

Keep - Peacock-Farrell, Ayling, Jansson, O'Connor, Pearce, Vieira, Forshaw, Hernandez, Saiz, Alioski, Roofe, Roberts
Head Coach Marc Silva
Season tickets- for every adult ticket bought get child ticket free.
Maybe its time to look at a new stadium. Lets face it Elland Road is no longer the fortress of old- A big maybe but would talk to the fans.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

swindonwhite wrote: Maybe its time to look at a new stadium. Lets face it Elland Road is no longer the fortress of old- A big maybe but would talk to the fans.

Would also imagine ER is very expensive to run compared with more modern stadiums.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
SG90

Post by SG90 »

Players I would sell: Weidwald, Lonergan (release), Berardi, Dallas, Murphy, Cibicki, Antonsson, Ekuban.

Let's be honest, we won't get rid of all the players we want to flog. Cooper, O'Kane, Phillips, Roofe would be important for the homegrown numbers.

Players I would sign: Helander (3/4m), Michael Dawson (free), Abel Hernandez (free), Charlie Adam (free), probably unpopular but Joey Barton (free) - let's face it, he'd walk into our team and would love the pressure of playing for Leeds, a young striker on loan from PL - Lukas Nmecha or Solanke, Diogo Goncalves (loan), experienced GK on a free (don't know), Gonzalo Melero (3/4m) - let's be honest, Pablo's leaving and we need a replacement.

I'd agree we have a good basis of a squad good enough, Ayling, Jansson, Vieira, Forshaw, Saiz, Alioski plus the young ones. We just need a bit more quality.
SG90

Post by SG90 »

Selby White wrote:
swindonwhite wrote: Maybe its time to look at a new stadium. Lets face it Elland Road is no longer the fortress of old- A big maybe but would talk to the fans.

Would also imagine ER is very expensive to run compared with more modern stadiums.
I would have agreed had we not rebought it, but financially it would be a bad decision.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Have to agree with SG90, and I’ve this mentioned before about Joey Barton. He would be absolutely perfect for us, exactly what we need.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.