You are buying the club from AR in the summer ...

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
swindonwhite
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Re: You are buying the club from AR in the summer ...

Post by swindonwhite »

Barlow Boy wrote:Have to agree with SG90, and I’ve this mentioned before about Joey Barton. He would be absolutely perfect for us, exactly what we need.
He would fit into our squad someone who would get sent off every 3 or 4 games. We need a Gordon Strachan or a David Batty creativity and a hard no nonsence sort of player.
We could do a lot worse than looking back at sgt Wilkos team a blend of experience-youth & a couple of hard men 1 in midfield & 1 in defence that can give the team a backbone & steel just a case of the right ones.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

SG90 wrote:
Selby White wrote:
swindonwhite wrote: Maybe its time to look at a new stadium. Lets face it Elland Road is no longer the fortress of old- A big maybe but would talk to the fans.

Would also imagine ER is very expensive to run compared with more modern stadiums.
I would have agreed had we not rebought it, but financially it would be a bad decision.
Yes I think we need a 5/6 year plan to rebuild and increase capacity, money needs to go into this as well as the team.

Stage 1 - Not sure if the Club owns all the land behind the West Stand (old training ground now car park) but need to purchase if not.

Stage 2 - Build a new stand immediately behind the West Stand, takes a year at which time the West Stand stays open. Design in such away that the corners can be built on.

Stage 3 - In the close season after the new stand is ready knock down the old West Stand and turn the pitch 90 degrees so the East and West would be behind the goals, touchline nearer the Kop rather than South Stand.

Stage 4 - The South Stand would be knocked down and a bigger stand along the side utilising the extra land and with a corner attaching to the New West Stand could now be built.

Stage 5 - Same thing as 4 but replacing the Kop and matching the other two new stands.

We would lose the end section of the East Stand towards the cheese wedge but each stage would dramitically increase capacity.
Of course this development needs to coincide with team progression.

Oh and I'll add in these new stands we need to incorporate other potential revenue streams, like Sports Centre, Meeting Rooms, Function suites, museum etc.

And one more thing get in negotiation with the Railway people and get a station built next to the stadium.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
swindonwhite

Post by swindonwhite »

I would bite the bullet sell ER or build a 70'000 stadium on the land its time to move with the times-can you imagine the impact building a new stadium next year--are centurion year- 100 years is a good age-lets start the next 100 years on a bloody great high.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Sorry hate the idea of moving out of Elland Road to some flat pack stadia which would be like its counterparts, soulless. Grounds like the COM are totally devoid of atmosphere & rely on music & thundersticks to generate any noise. Elland Road is the spiritual home of Leeds United, long may it continue.
Winner of the Europa League
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Sorry hate the idea of moving out of Elland Road to some flat pack stadia which would be like its counterparts, soulless. Grounds like the COM are totally devoid of atmosphere & rely on music & thundersticks to generate any noise. Elland Road is the spiritual home of Leeds United, long may it continue.
I agree. The perfect example of a new stadium with no atmosphere is Reading. Can"t think of any clubs other than Brighton and Sunderland who have made a go of a new stadium.
I once played against Don Revie.
swindonwhite

Post by swindonwhite »

There comes a time when it is prudent to move on & being the owner of the club we will be in the premiership sooner rather than later & a 36'000 capacity does not cut the ice.
swindonwhite

Post by swindonwhite »

johnh wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Sorry hate the idea of moving out of Elland Road to some flat pack stadia which would be like its counterparts, soulless. Grounds like the COM are totally devoid of atmosphere & rely on music & thundersticks to generate any noise. Elland Road is the spiritual home of Leeds United, long may it continue.
I agree. The perfect example of a new stadium with no atmosphere is Reading. Can"t think of any clubs other than Brighton and Sunderland who have made a go of a new stadium.
forget Brighton & Sunderland I want to be compared to Man City & Arsenal.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

swindonwhite wrote:
johnh wrote:
forget Brighton & Sunderland I want to be compared to Man City & Arsenal.
We've not been in the premier league for 14 years. One step at a time.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
swindonwhite

Post by swindonwhite »

That's the point if you or anyone owned the club & you had the money we would get there-we would if I owned LU break the bank & once we get promoted I would get the money back in spades. were not going any where with the owner we have now but the post was one of us own it-dreaming really.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

swindonwhite wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Have to agree with SG90, and I’ve this mentioned before about Joey Barton. He would be absolutely perfect for us, exactly what we need.
He would fit into our squad someone who would get sent off every 3 or 4 games. We need a Gordon Strachan or a David Batty creativity and a hard no nonsence sort of player.
We could do a lot worse than looking back at sgt Wilkos team a blend of experience-youth & a couple of hard men 1 in midfield & 1 in defence that can give the team a backbone & steel just a case of the right ones.
Well he's been appointed Fleetwood manager lol.