You are buying the club from AR in the summer ...

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: You are buying the club from AR in the summer ...

Post by SG90 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Sorry hate the idea of moving out of Elland Road to some flat pack stadia which would be like its counterparts, soulless. Grounds like the COM are totally devoid of atmosphere & rely on music & thundersticks to generate any noise. Elland Road is the spiritual home of Leeds United, long may it continue.
Funny how it's only in England where new stadiums are soulless. In continental Europe clubs still keep their atmosphere when they move to a new stadium.

I'd like 4 East Stand type stands to give the club a modern look. I don't see why we'd lose the atmosphere. Surely it's the fans who make noise and not the stands.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Different crowds altogether in Europe.

There are virtually no away fans.
There are big sections where nobody sings or chants, mainly family and mature/corporate types.
There are usually two ends or "curva" behind each goal where the most fervant fans go - the ultras in some cases - and there's usually a band, huge banners, big bare-chested blokes with megaphones leading the chants and they're typically aimed at the other end of the home support !
I've seen this in France, Italy, Germany and Portugal.
Totally different.
Totally brilliant.
I love both styles to be honest, but I agree with SG that I doubt any ground containing Leeds fans would be lacking in atmosphere, unless it was on the moon and even then we'd probably find a way :D
bedfordwhites
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by bedfordwhites »

The Players i would keep.

GK BPF, (new).
RB Ayling, Coyle.
LB De-bock,(new), Pearce.
CD Jansson, Cooper, (New), Shaughnessy, O"Connor.
DM Vieira, Forshaw.
CM New, New.
AM Hernandez, Alioski, Saiz, Roofe.
ST Roberts, Ekuban, (new), (new), Dalby, Clarke.
WINGERS. new, new.
Utility Dallas.

Mot.