2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by BrighouseWhite »

We may not have bought anyone, but on the positive side we haven't sold anyone either and better than buying players just for the sake of it . Good news if the report saying WBA were going to bid for Ayling was true .
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
MyNameIsMark
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by MyNameIsMark »

BrighouseWhite wrote:We may not have bought anyone, but on the positive side we haven't sold anyone either....
We sold Ronaldo Vieira.

I'm happy to sit back & watch where things go over the next few weeks. The result against Stoke put a huge smile on my face &, without getting too carried away, I'd like to think there's a certain "X-factor" in Bielsa's coaching/management techniques that we've not witnessed in many, many years.
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

BrighouseWhite wrote:We may not have bought anyone, but on the positive side we haven't sold anyone either and better than buying players just for the sake of it . Good news if the report saying WBA were going to bid for Ayling was true .
Kinnear had said we would be using the loan window so I expect we will see one or two more new faces
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

MyNameIsMark wrote:
BrighouseWhite wrote:We may not have bought anyone, but on the positive side we haven't sold anyone either....
We sold Ronaldo Vieira.

I'm happy to sit back & watch where things go over the next few weeks. The result against Stoke put a huge smile on my face &, without getting too carried away, I'd like to think there's a certain "X-factor" in Bielsa's coaching/management techniques that we've not witnessed in many, many years.
I was meaning on deadline day when it may not be possible to get a replacement in
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
new signing
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by new signing »

Daz5 wrote:Makes a change ! normally worried about who was going to be sold
Let us never forget the 'Don't go to bed yet'.................. terrible moment for mine. Matt Smith would have been a great asset in the last couple of years
swindonwhite
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by swindonwhite »

So another transfer window closes with a grand total of 2 perms & one of our brightest talents sold to help pay for them. Where has all this money gone-investment & transfer kitty-Bielsa did not sanction the Vierra sale & if he is not completely happy with the state of the transfers he could walk away anytime soon-although I feel he must have had a say in this & although the Stoke game was amazing we can not hope to play like that all season-injuries & suspensions will take there toll-I know the loan market is still open but again it means a complete squad overhaul wherever we finish next summer-can loaness really get us promotion -i don't think so-sorry about being negative but this has been a crap window for me.
blackbox2342

Post by blackbox2342 »

Swindon White it depends if the further loans signing (if there are any) are with a view to a permanent deal. This is a realistic proposition.
saintjimmy

Post by saintjimmy »

I can still see a couple of loans in by the 31st and maybe MB can get more out of a few of the squad than TC and Hecky did but With two of the lads already on the treatment table ( ok Dallas may not be a starter) I think we’ll do well to keep the Stoke levels going all season without consequence, we all see we need another CB and CM , but I feel even if we don’t challenge all season we still have a team that will pee on a few others chips which will be quite enjoyable.

Going back I said I would give AR this window to convince me but with this season such a step into the unknown with regards to MB’s style I don’t think I can judge him .

MOT
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

There will be loan signings, 2 maybe 3 I suspect, without a shadow of a doubt. MB mentioned yesterday of having a group of 18 for the season with additional youth players to be thrown in to the mix when injuries and suspensions occur. We lost Forshaw before the season started and now we've lost Dallas. I just hope the loan signings are decent ones.
yorkfan
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by yorkfan »

Like others on here, I'm somewhat underwhelmed by our activity, or lack thereof, during the transfer window.

Whilst our style of play under Señor Bielsa has been a revelation, the popular view seems to be that our first team group needed some additions in order to sustain this throughout a long season.

The official statement, suggesting that Ronaldo Vieira had to be sold for financial reasons, is all very well, but what of the cash injection from the San Francisco 49'ers?

It's also quite strange that stories are circulating that we are, in fact, presently operating at a loss, in spite of Elland Road being sold out regularly.

I'm not suggesting that we spend for the sake of spending, but it would be useful if someone with some insight into the financial workings of LUFC could enlighten me as to what has happened to the money promised for team re-building? :eh: