2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by PhoenixUnited »

rigger wrote:
TezzaWazzaBazza wrote:Saiz is too hard to replace. Even if he doesn't score goals, he worries opposition players like no one else.
Or like Alioski :shh:
Alioski worries the opposition because he is a probationary Dying Swan and the Referee (or his guide dog) might just fall for it; pigs have sometimes known to take to the air you know. :o

Also, Assistant Referees are constantly concerned at being kept awake to wave the offside flag surely? :D
Keep The Faith / WAL
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Phil Hay reporting Getafe looking to do a deal for Saiz. Those looking to get rid of him may get their wish.

Personally, I’ll be well pi**ed off.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Barlow Boy wrote:Phil Hay reporting Getafe looking to do a deal for Saiz. Those looking to get rid of him may get their wish.

Apparently he wants to return to Spain as his partner is pregnant currently.

I would also be sad to see such a talented player to leave, but if he isn't happy in England - and I can very much imagine that the cold does not particularly agree with him - then I can understand him wanting to leave and will hold no bitter thoughts towards him.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Costy »

I would be very disappointed if he goes. One of our most talented players of the last decade or so. Personally think he's been slightly mis-managed this season although it's obviously hard to argue with the way the season has generally gone. We're still not massively creative though and to lose what he brings would be a real shame. Like Simamu, I wouldnt blame him though. It is pretty S**t here in winter and it must be even worse when you're not playing. Step forward Izzy Brown.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Everton website says four Premiership clubs interested in Jack Clark. Everton, Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea.
I once played against Don Revie.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

johnh wrote:Everton website says four Premiership clubs interested in Jack Clark. Everton, Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea.
He signed a four year deal last year so will be at ER till 2021.

Hopefully his agent Ian Harte will advise him to stay at ER as well.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:
johnh wrote:Everton website says four Premiership clubs interested in Jack Clark. Everton, Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea.
He signed a four year deal last year so will be at ER till 2021.

Hopefully his agent Ian Harte will advise him to stay at ER as well.
Contracts mean the square root of sod all in the modern game - unfortunately. :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

SiMamu wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Phil Hay reporting Getafe looking to do a deal for Saiz. Those looking to get rid of him may get their wish.

Apparently he wants to return to Spain as his partner is pregnant currently.

I would also be sad to see such a talented player to leave, but if he isn't happy in England - and I can very much imagine that the cold does not particularly agree with him - then I can understand him wanting to leave and will hold no bitter thoughts towards him.
Spot on assessment SiMamu. Given Getafe is a suburb of Madrid, his home city, it would make sense to 'go home' with his pregnant wife. Not only the climate, but the food and customs are quite different there. Remember Michael Owen only stayed there one season.

Saiz's form has dipped noticeably since, eg, our annihilation of Derby. Ultimately he can't be enjoying the 6ft+ bruisers that inhabit the Championship either.

As has been said Brown to step forward....
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Otherworld »

I would be sad to see Saiz go, but not inconsolable...
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

We should keep hold of Saiz until the end of the season.

We can let him leave with good will in May but if Brown gets a setback or Klich gets injured (he has played a lot of matches including internationals) we will be thin on the ground for attacking mids.

Unless Radz needs the money (and that would be a big let down) we should keep hold of him.