2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Sniffer »

It's a shame it's happened but happened it has. Best move on now.
lufctrav
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by lufctrav »

Well handled mods :clap:
I guess the irony of it all is that the example he wanted to use to describe the clubs 'lack of' activity actually highlights how unimportant football is in regards to life.

Enough about that though.

Re: the window - i don't feel that any of our rivals improved that much if at all apart from West Brom who also lost Harvey Barnes.
Sheffield Utd and Boro got in unwanted players from struggling clubs and Norwich didn't seem to do anything.
Getting Kiko Casilla in was a great bit of business for the club and a definite improvement on BPF - something that i can't say with confidence about James if compared with Clarke, Hernandez and probably even Harrison.
It would've been nice to get in a good 10 but the reality is that there probably weren't any available.

Our fixture from here is pretty friendly imo, we seem to have our tougher opponents at home and our away trips are largely against strugglers.
So without getting too far ahead of myself (that will happen after WBA) i believe we are in a fantastic spot to be where we want to be in May!
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

I'm not sure what has gone on with the website but everything is in Russian, i guess the website has been hacked because i can only see one post in English and that is sniffer's post. I translated the Russian posts and if there any of your kids reading this website, please do not translate the pages, they are links to sordid and vile things (get my meaning?) Not suitable for minors to see sort of things.

wish we could find a way to plug the gaps in world web security, unfortunately these morons who do this type of thing don't ever go after the rich folks they always go after those that are struggling to make ends meet because its easy money. For instance a rich person will have more sway when making a complaint and these hackers will have heat on them from the authorities, but a working class Joe Soap won't have the financial backing to further their complaint to the police so nothing is done about it. They are basically told you should have had a better Antivirus and told to go away.

A sad world we live in these days. I hope the admins can cope with this as best as they can, and i understand that it is very hard to stop serious hackers from getting through to a website. If they are determined there's very little anyone can do about it.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

Moving on (well done the mods for handling it)

Not getting James is a loss, but we will manage. Bielsa's opinion on it seems to be Orta suggested James and MB thought a good fit but can cope without him. With the way the team are playing part of me is glad, because there was always a risk of upsetting the balance. We got GK cover which was important and Norwich will be a bigger test to show if its an improvement over BPF.

News on Izzy Brown looks like he won't be starting any time soon, but hope Bamford will come back and give us the up front pressure needed for the final run in.
saihtam
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by saihtam »

Transfer market shows that James has contract running out this summer. Any info if this is legit? Just hold on and get him in summer. Hope just Leeds fans dont harass Swansea online and James sees us still as good club to come for.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

CorkWhite wrote:I'm not sure what has gone on with the website but everything is in Russian,......
Just deleted and banned the scum...

Peeps please if you come across any more let the mod team know ASAP please
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 5081

saihtam wrote:Transfer market shows that James has contract running out this summer. Any info if this is legit? Just hold on and get him in summer. Hope just Leeds fans dont harass Swansea online and James sees us still as good club to come for.
Saihtam James has 18 months left on his contract not six months. Hence the deal we were making for him which was 2 million quid up front for the loan period and then a further 7 million once the summer came.

If it was six months left i do think a lot more clubs would have been vying for his signature as well as ourselves. Honestly though I believe that is what Swansea were hoping for during January, we made a bid and then they waited for someone else to make a counter bid to make it a price war.

Oh well it's fine now yes he could have been a good addition to the club in this later stage of the season, but there's no use crying over Swansea's milk. :D
Deleted User 5081

Davycc wrote:
CorkWhite wrote:I'm not sure what has gone on with the website but everything is in Russian,......
Just deleted and banned the scum...

Peeps please if you come across any more let the mod team know ASAP please
Thanks Davycc, I was actually thinking it was my computer had been hacked at first :D haha. You don't wanna know what thought's ran through my head when i first seen it :lol:
johnnysmiles
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by johnnysmiles »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
johnnysmiles wrote:Hello everyone...

IMHO I think we need to move on and not discuss what should no longer be discussed (if that makes sense)...

I have 3 worries about the Dan James affair.

1. It may put a downer on the Norwich game... even the players must have been wondering wtf was going on judging by Pontus' tweets
2. I totally understood the rationale behind the move... the two things we needed in the window was a better goalkeeper and a Hadi Sacko who is good with the ball.... Dan James would have been great when we're 1-0 up on the counter attack
3. I read a great article somewhere in the last few days about Bielsa's eye for a player... apparently in 2015 (I think), when Bielsa was at Marseille, he wanted to buy a player for 8 million, but Marseill thought the player was too expensive.... it was Kante... later signed by Chelsea for 32 million... makes me wonder what James may end up being worth...

We'll all forget about Dan James if we can beat Norwich on Saturday....
What did Jansson tweet, Johnny?

I genuinely think this transfer fiasco won't affect the players one iota, in fact I have a suspicion it will galvanise the team more than anything, together with the after-effect of those 11 teams, Norwich being prominent even with their pink paint :P who complained to the EFL about Bielsa having an employee watch opposing teams' training sessions.

ps I'm sure swindonwhite wasn't meaning to offend by using Toby's name in his (pointless) argument but the comment has caused offence nonetheless and he has form for trying to wind people up before.

Hope you're right ANS...

An hour or so before the deadline Pontus tweeted "Any news tonight or is it time to go to sleep?" or words to that effect...

I think he's since deleted it....
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

All said and done you know I am going to repeat what I have said in the past that I would not trust Victor Orta with the next Transfer Window wherever we end up in May. :lolno:

If Andrea Radrizzani is not looking at the performance of Mr Orta in his job and asking pointed questions you have to wonder why not. :shock:
Keep The Faith / WAL