2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by SG90 »

I can't see why any players would want to leave in this window tbh. The opportunity for promotion with Leeds would be very special, they'd go down in our folklore forever. Saiz only left for family reasons.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

O'Dowda has extended his contract at Bristol City so it doesn't look as if he's coming here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46911721

Maybe that makes Dan James more likely.
sgt_pooly
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by sgt_pooly »

Sniffer wrote:O'Dowda has extended his contract at Bristol City so it doesn't look as if he's coming here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46911721

Maybe that makes Dan James more likely.
They've triggered a clause in his contract rather than him actually extending. Davis is 1st choice anyway judging by reports with Swansea apparently asking for 3.5m.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Saw 45 mins of Daniel James and he looks like no improvement on what we have. Has pace and tracks back, but put poor after poor delivery in the box, poor shooting and overran the ball a few times. Zero end product. I get it was only one game, but surely we need a lot better than that.
Tedbaker
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Tedbaker »

I agree. Not sure he knew where he was supposed to be playing though. He popped up everywhere from left wing back to centre forward to right wing back and looked a bit clueless. I thought we were after a replacement for Siaz. In Swansea’s context that would have been Celina.
sgt_pooly

Post by sgt_pooly »

SG90 wrote:Saw 45 mins of Daniel James and he looks like no improvement on what we have. Has pace and tracks back, but put poor after poor delivery in the box, poor shooting and overran the ball a few times. Zero end product. I get it was only one game, but surely we need a lot better than that.
Sounds rather similar to a certain Alioski!
sgt_pooly

Post by sgt_pooly »

Tyrone Mings being loosely linked......although he'd a fine signing, I can't see this happening with MB stating he has no use for another CB.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Midfielder pens new deal.

Leeds United are pleased to announce Alfie McCalmont has signed a new contract with the club.

McCalmont has put pen to paper on a new two-and-a-half year deal running until the summer of 2021.

The club also holds the option to extend McCalmont’s contract by an extra year.

The 18-year-old last season played a key role as Leeds United’s Under-18s won the Professional Development League North.

This season the midfielder has stepped up to Under-23 level and has impressed for Carlos Corberan’s side.

McCalmont could again be in action for the Under-23s this evening, when they take on Southampton in the Premier League Cup at Tadcaster Albion (7:00pm).
gilesdriveby
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by gilesdriveby »

Tyrone Mings being loosely linked......although he'd a fine signing, I can't see this happening with MB stating he has no use for another CB.

If Beradi's injury today is serious we have limited cover at CB and Right full.

Still think that Saiz needs replacing with a creative replacement. In a number of games the number of chances are lower than what would be expected given our % of possession. Hopefully Bamford and Brown will be back soon as we also need cover for Roofe
whitedancer
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by whitedancer »

Can't see any signings coming tbh, and if they did MB would have to put them through he's fitness regime , so that would take it to March before there ready, by then they would probably get injured somehow. :think: