2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Davycc »

Four and a half year deal as well :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I'm still buzzing over Casilla. Who next I wonder ?
Winner of the Europa League
maltrain
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by maltrain »

This, for me, it's a big statement from the owners of the club. It's an excellent goalkeeper and from Real Madrid, nothing less.

It's clear that the current position at the table plus the Marcelo Bielsa's presence it's something very attractive for good players who want to play at the Premier League in the future.

I hope the next will be a great replacement for Saiz.
lufctrav
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by lufctrav »

maltrain wrote:This, for me, it's a big statement from the owners of the club. It's an excellent goalkeeper and from Real Madrid, nothing less.

It's clear that the current position at the table plus the Marcelo Bielsa's presence it's something very attractive for good players who want to play at the Premier League in the future.

I hope the next will be a great replacement for Saiz.
With the link to Daniel James (who is allegedly featured on Bielsa's laptop if reports from last night is to go by) i would suggest that Hernandez will remain at 10 and we're looking at a winger.

On Casilla, remember two weeks ago when most of us would've been happy with Darlow who isn't getting a game at Newcastle? We've only gone and signed a Spanish rep in an era that has consisted of Casillas, De Gea and Reina amongst others.

We doubted him 12 months ago but looking in hindsight, Victor Orta has brought in some pretty good signings.
Shadwell White
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Shadwell White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:I'm still buzzing over Casilla. Who next I wonder ?
Amazing signing, I’m absolutely buzzing.
Professor Giles
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by Professor Giles »

Yes, a real statement of intent. Hats off to Radz and Orta. I don't think we're flush with cash at the moment, so they're pushing the boat out here. Radz has probably decided that we have to take our opportunity now rather than worry about an FFP sanction in two or three years time. Wouldn't be surprised if we have to sell Clarke to one of the big six at the end of the window and loan him back for the rest of the season in order to finance some of this and a new winger / playmaker. Hopefully not, but either way this is a great signing. Great that Casilla decided to move to a bigger club.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

From MB press conference today about the injured players:-

Berardi will play next Monday and if everything goes well he will be in the group for the next game. Dallas started the training sessions with the group today and Douglas will do the same tomorrow. They won’t play next Monday, but they will the following under-23s game. If everything goes well they will be in for the next game after that.

It will be the same for Bamford. Maybe he will need a little more time. These three players will be available in the next 10 days. Also, Phillips will come back as he will have his three-match suspension over.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Professor Giles wrote:Yes, a real statement of intent. Hats off to Radz and Orta. I don't think we're flush with cash at the moment, so they're pushing the boat out here. Radz has probably decided that we have to take our opportunity now rather than worry about an FFP sanction in two or three years time. Wouldn't be surprised if we have to sell Clarke to one of the big six at the end of the window and loan him back for the rest of the season in order to finance some of this and a new winger / playmaker. Hopefully not, but either way this is a great signing. Great that Casilla decided to move to a bigger club.
Do you know something we don't about FFP rules, PG? According to reports we're nowhere near breaking those rules due to the sensible way Radrizzani is running the club. I'd be shocked and disgusted if we sell Clarke, why so pessimistic?
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

From the YEP:-

Leeds United have knocked back an approach from Crystal Palace for winger Jack Clarke, the YEP understands.

Palace were told by Leeds that Clarke was not for sale after making an enquiry about the 18-year-old’s availability earlier this week.

The Premier League side are not believed to have tabled a firm bid but they made their interest clear as attention around the talented winger continued to grow.

Tottenham Hotspur and Bournemouth are among the other sides monitoring Clarke but sources at Leeds have insisted since the start of January that none of Marcelo Bielsa’s squad members would be allowed to leave the club in this window.

Clarke’s reputation has soared this season and he earned the man-of-the-match award on his first league start at home to Derby County last week.

Leeds first signed him to professional terms in November 2017 and are understood to value Clarke in excess of £10m, despite him featuring in just 13 competitive matches.

United were not anticipating any formal approaches for Clarke, whose agent is former Leeds full-back Ian Harte, having made it clear that they were unwilling to negotiate over a January transfer.

Clarke remains on the deal he signed 14 months ago and Leeds have as yet made no move to seek to extend that agreement.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

I don't see why Clarke would wanna go there anyway.