2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
gilesdriveby
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by gilesdriveby »

David Meyler has been released by Hull. Could be available on a free and would be a good holding midfielder alongside Forshaw. I think he's still under 30.

If we got Meyler Klitch (back) and Ideguichi in before seasosn started midlield options would look signficantly stronger.
TezzaWazzaBazza
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by TezzaWazzaBazza »

We're after Man City keeper Angus Gunn on loan according to Phil Hay.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Just read that myself.
I take it he's Bryan Gunn's son ??
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

rigger wrote:Just read that myself.
I take it he's Bryan Gunn's son ??
He is indeed.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

The son of a Gunn :roll:
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:The son of a Gunn :roll:
sgt_pooly
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by sgt_pooly »

I like the idea of a few young English stars from the Prem (Liverpool lad, Gunn) and some proven class (Bartley, Hernandez).

We really need to go for it this season and the squad needs a real boost with quality at GK, CB, CM, WG, ST.

Let's see if Radz can deliver.
whitedancer
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by whitedancer »

hopefully we will do some early buissiness, otherwise
I will be just be looking ,for 3 teams that we can finish above :think:
saintjimmy
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by saintjimmy »

It would seem a tad harsh on BPF if we do indeed sign another keeper but it’s one of those positions that need some better quality as cover , too many errors this season just gone and umpteen points dropped along with them and we cannot afford that anymore if we want out of this league through the top hatch, would rather lone Gunn than buy Stockdale ( seen that floating about ) .Bartley would be a great signing again and I would just make him the only CB as Paudie looks a good prospect and can fight it out with Coops for the bench on match days.
It’s the engine room we need to get right both central and wide , I like Alioski and hope he can have a more consistent season but the lad does some graft so one top notch wide man and a solid CM ( Klich may get another shot but I still feel we need better to partner Forshaw and help bring on Ronny and Kal), maybe we’ll see what Yosuke is like at the World Cup too .
Up top we need a proven goal scorer, not sure what Roberts will bring when fit but he seems inexperienced but well rated , I’m probably on my own here but is Hernandez from Hull the answer?, I’m not so sure but he would surely move more than the ambler from Hamburg as a start , Grot and Ekuban best be getting some shooting practice in as I feel Edmondson and Dalby seem better for the squad, the lad from Capri seems like a punt if true, they aren’t turning out too well for us so no more.

We’ve got some good kids coming through so spend the right money in the right areas for once and we could be in for a good season , I just can’t help feeling that we’re not a million miles away at all you know .
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

There is, in my humble opinion, absolutely no way Gunn would come in to be understudy to BPF! For me, we need to give BPF his chance and sign an experienced keeper who would be prepared to be on standby and to give BPF the benefit of his experience.