2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
zigzag
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by zigzag »

Not worried in the slightest that he went back to Everton

Too inconsistent and a bit too 'nice' to make a good cb in the championship
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Barlow Boy wrote:Matthew Pennington signs new 3 year deal at Everton, obviously meaning he will not be a permanent signing for us. Judging by his goodbye/thanks for everything tweet, looks like that’s the last we will see of him in a Leeds shirt.
Nothing against the lad. I'm glad he's got some security for himself and his family. He will be out on loan again next season no doubt, but i agree with the majority in here, i hope its not back to us. In another battle hardened 5 years of football he may turn out to be a good defender. He's behind Cooper imo, and we need a step up in class from Cooper.
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

zigzag wrote:Not worried in the slightest that he went back to Everton

Too inconsistent and a bit too 'nice' to make a good cb in the championship
Agreed, I am not into all this loan stuff for a year then sign them permanently.

I know that its a good way to get a look at a player and then decide if they will be good players for a longer term contract, but most of these players usually play good while on loan because of the security of their jobs so to speak, they don't always know what the parent club will do with them, look at Pontus Janson, Played like a beast on loan and this season didn't do so well once the contract was signed. Not saying he played badly every week but he himself admitted he was way below his own standards.

Over the past 15 years we've signed many on loan players who we went onto buy and they became mediocre players with only a few exceptions who were genuine solid players for us. I know the world of football has changed a lot and the cash for full transfers isn't always available, and our own team has been littered with loan stars and wannabe Leeds players but majority of the time they fizzle out and don't live up to the standards they set for themselves to get a contract.

Pennington certainly didn't warrant a second look for a full contract to be honest, yes he has potential but he didn't show it much here.
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

The lad is 23.

He should be in Everton's first team. Potential is for players up to 21 in my book.

This is why we need to filter in some of the younger players we have at the minute (it looks as though we may have a handful) to give them experience.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Oriel Rey signed a new two year deal.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Judging by his tweet, appears Hadi Sacko is leaving.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Barlow Boy wrote:Judging by his tweet, appears Hadi Sacko is leaving.

Daz5
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Daz5 »

Shame i like Sacko ..
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

He's another one of them players that will probably set the world on fire when he pulls on another shirt. I think its the right decision for us though and would be great if we could recoup the £1.5m we supposedly shelled out.

Vernon Anita next for me. ?
Daz5
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Daz5 »

I would imagine there will be quite a list , among them some we want to stay.