2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by SG90 »

Here's the article. https://www.bold.dk/fodbold/nyheder/sve ... krasnodar/

If you run it through Google translate, he says he turned down the offer to work with Bielsa and because he was to become a father. He also said he was honoured they saw him as a replacement for Granqvist.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

zigzag wrote:I don't hold much store by what that website says, alot of it is clickbait.

But out of interest does anyone know how long Clarke has on his contract, that should be the key in deciding whether to dig our heels in or to let a player go if an offer is received (doubtful at the moment for Clarke but given his talents it is more and more likely the longer we are in this division)
Man, if they even consider selling him then I completely agree that it's a disgrace and a massive dent to our chances, our reputation and the respect of the supporters.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

zigzag wrote:I don't hold much store by what that website says, alot of it is clickbait.

But out of interest does anyone know how long Clarke has on his contract, that should be the key in deciding whether to dig our heels in or to let a player go if an offer is received (doubtful at the moment for Clarke but given his talents it is more and more likely the longer we are in this division)
Clarke signed his 1st professional contract with Leeds in November 2017 but i cant find how long the contract was for, I would presume 18 months which would take him to the summer of this year.

Given he has employed Ian Harte to be his agent again am sure talks will be starting soon about an enhanced contract at ER if as i suspect he only has till the summer left on his present deal.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussion

Post by NottinghamWhite »

As Phoenix says money talks, always had always will. I would be disappointed to see him go but if it's a top 6 club he'll go but at what price ? I'm also disappointed that no players have come in, yet. Let's not forget we still have Cooper, Berardi, Dallas, Brown, Douglas, Hernandez & Bamford all to come back. We should be getting experience for BPF & a replacement for Saiz, why Orta hasn't sorted this out is the most baffling thing.
Winner of the Europa League
SG90

Post by SG90 »

Clarke is under contract until 2021 and Harte is his agent, so hopefully he will advise him to stay put. But it's the club I don't trust rather than thinking Clarke wants to go. Vieira never wanted to leave either.

If we get promoted, then Clarke will stay. If we don't, he won't. What do the club want?
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

SG90 wrote:Here's the article. https://www.bold.dk/fodbold/nyheder/sve ... krasnodar/

If you run it through Google translate, he says he turned down the offer to work with Bielsa and because he was to become a father. He also said he was honoured they saw him as a replacement for Granqvist.
It says nothing about being forced out, it says he was offered a deal elsewhere which would give him financial security for life.

And I would wager that his agent set it all up. Great player and his attitude is so much better this season.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Orta hasnt found any better than Blackman and Saiz would be my guess as MB has said the club only want players that are better than these two.

As usual AR and Orta arent giving much away about who they are chasing just like the summer, as for being linked with everyone under the sun thats just the usual journalitic rubbish to wind the fans up.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

I understand why Jack Clarke being linked away would cause worry, but links are not bids accepted. Presently, we're getting frustrated and anxious over something which is yet to happen and is not guaranteed to happen. The club and Clarke himself rejected approaches for him in the summer, there is nothing to say we won't do the same now. He would be better of staying at the club, and the club would be better off keeping him. It is hardly surprising that there is interest in a player as talented as him, but nothing has happened YET. We let Saiz and Baker go because they wanted to leave, I very much doubt Clarke will want to too.

I agree and understand frustrations about players coming in so far. I also understand the argument that we should have already had players in place to replace Blackman and Saiz. But Bielsa is very specific about what he wants in a player, so I am sure the club are trying to find players who are good enough and who are financially right to fit the two or three positions Bielsa has said we need players in for. I expect that we did not want to sign Darlow permanently because, if he was only good enough for the championship, then we would be stuck with another player we would want to offload next season, if we were promoted - hence why we are generally targeting loans currently. Of course, there is an argument that we should spend now to make sure we get into the premiership, but there is no guarantee that spending will lead to promotion, and we could still fall back - and then we would just be left with debt.

I am sure that the club are trying to bring in players, and I know that it's frustrating whilst we wait, but there is no point getting angry about something which is yet to happen. If, come February, we have signed no one and sold Clarke, I too will be will angry. For now though, we just need to wait and hope the club brings in the players for the positions Bielsa has mentioned in his press conferences as soon as possible.

Every player we signed in the summer, there was little mention of until roughly the day before they were signed.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
SG90

Post by SG90 »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
SG90 wrote:Here's the article. https://www.bold.dk/fodbold/nyheder/sve ... krasnodar/

It says nothing about being forced out, it says he was offered a deal elsewhere which would give him financial security for life.

And I would wager that his agent set it all up. Great player and his attitude is so much better this season.
He says they accepted, the club said they rejected the bid. I believe Jansson as he is always honest, even when it's gets him in trouble with the EFL. Radz and Kinnear have a history of embarrassing PR stupid person ups, so that's why I believe Jansson.

I heard all summer on Twitter the club we were trying to sell Jansson and Vieira to create funds and thought it was the usual scaremongering nonsense you often see on there. Then Vieira was sold and we heard the Jansson news, so I dunno.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

SG90 wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:

He says they accepted, the club said they rejected the bid. I believe Jansson as he is always honest, even when it's gets him in trouble with the EFL. Radz and Kinnear have a history of embarrassing PR stupid person ups, so that's why I believe Jansson.

I heard all summer on Twitter the club we were trying to sell Jansson and Vieira to create funds and thought it was the usual scaremongering nonsense you often see on there. Then Vieira was sold and we heard the Jansson news, so I dunno.
SG90, you said he had been attempted to be 'forced out' by the club, as if it was a fact. Those words are pretty incendiary and that's why I questioned if it happened. If the club were trying to force him out then he wouldn't be playing and we would have sold him. His agent is well-known for being one of the less scrupulous ones, I believe he was up to his usual ways of trying to up the ante and get his client PJ a better deal.

Ian Harte's no mug - he told Clarke to reject Scum who were after him as he has a better future here. I'm 100% in agreement that if we sell him it is pretty much disgraceful, it would be short-sighted and stupid anyway - whatever fee they'd get now would be trivial compared to how much the club would get if promoted and JC's value will soar as a result.

Not sure if I remember the online media ever getting it right about imminent transfers in or out, and Football Insider is one of the crappest. It is obvious that clubs will be looking at our good players, and that will always be the case wherever we are. Vieira was Bielsa's third choice for that role. Should we have sold him? No, not in my opinion but he could have said no.