2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 728

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Deleted User 728 »

He's been an inside forward most of his career - playing from the left or right, like Sterling.

I'd go so far as to say this is an excellent signing for us and I'm 100% certain one that would not have happened unless Bielsa came ..
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:Izzy Brown confirmed signing.

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... ns-on-loan
Great signing just watched his interview on LUTV very bubbly & likeable young man. If you fancy a laugh go to downatthemac.proboards.com
Winner of the Europa League
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

Phil Hay
@PhilHayYEP
Izzy Brown to Leeds on a season long loan confirmed. Still getting back to full fitness after knee injury so unlikely to be fully ready until October. Leeds won’t pay Chelsea anything until he starts playing games.
#lufc
6:11 pm · 30 Aug 2018
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

I'm with Rigger, great signing. Love the fact that Douglas and now Brown have proven form winning promotion from the Championship. As much as I love Saiz's ability, his temperament is questionable. As much as I love Pablo's ability and temperament and work rate, he's not a spring chicken. Brown could prove a vital piece in the jigsaw this season. A win or draw against Boro and we could not have wished for much more at this stage of the season IMO. Fingers crossed, this really is the season...
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

When I read he was still injured, but now I read we aren't paying until he plays, it makes sense. He looks good, and agree his previous experience of getting a side promoted will help, especially if its a couple of months before he comes in to give a boost to carry us on.

The Bielsa connection just keeps getting better - worth the investment rather than going for a bargain basement coach. Agree we are getting players that we most likely would not have under any other coach.
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

Wigan White wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:According to The Mi**or us & Wednesday are looking to sign Danny Batth from Wolves
We'd clean up if we signed him up. :oops:
This rumour doesn't hold any water, apparently Wolves have pulled the plug on the deal...........
Aaron
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Aaron »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:Izzy Brown confirmed signing.

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... ns-on-loan
Great signing just watched his interview on LUTV very bubbly & likeable young man. If you fancy a laugh go to downatthemac.proboards.com
What a wonderful bunch they are:
Looks like he is definitely going to Leeds. Whilst Brown certainly isn't the answer to our issues, signing for that lot sends him right down in my estimation.

Break a leg, Izzy.
jslufcAUS
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by jslufcAUS »

Following Mooy I watched a fair bit of Izzy and he was one of Huddersfields best, a very welcome addition for me :thumbup:
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

jslufcAUS wrote:
Following Mooy I watched a fair bit of Izzy and he was one of Huddersfields best, a very welcome addition for me :thumbup:
I'm delighted to have him at the club, he's a real talent, and will be a proper threat cutting in from the wings or competing with Saiz. He's rangey and strong enough to play as a support striker if we ever play 2 up top as well.

Obviously it's good to be wary of Youtube videos, but I thoroughly enjoyed this video, cheers JS - I can't remember the last time I saw a player who consistently hit the corners - a mark of top technique!
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Winner of the Europa League