2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 3289

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

whiteinfrance wrote:And Lasogga has scored 7 in 5 games for Hamburg, including a hat-trick in his last game :shock:
It may be that sending him to live in another country (probably against his wishes) as given him the kick up the arse needed?. Bit too slow for MB
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
whiteinfrance wrote:And Lasogga has scored 7 in 5 games for Hamburg, including a hat-trick in his last game :shock:
It may be that sending him to live in another country (probably against his wishes) as given him the kick up the arse needed?. Bit too slow for MB
Lassoga was a very good finisher and personally I would have kept him. He did as well if not better than Roofe last season and he is a different player under MB.
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

phil62 wrote:
Lassoga was a very good finisher and personally I would have kept him. He did as well if not better than Roofe last season and he is a different player under MB.
If he had bought into Bielsa s methodically he could have been a world beater. Technically excellent, low on heart and high on fat!
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Otherworld »

isrodger wrote:
phil62 wrote:
If he had bought into Bielsa s methodically he could have been a world beater. Technically excellent, low on heart and high on fat!
A Bielsa pre-season would’ve killed him! He would’ve put in a transfer request by the end of July. :lolno:
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Rumours this morning claiming Wednesday and Villa are after Gary Cahill - worth a punt from us? Wages might be an issue, and of course he wants to stay in the Premier League (and probably will), but I still think we need another CB if we're going to continue playing (at least) 3 at the back over the course of a long season. He's not exactly a ball-playing defender, but he'd be great in the Championship regardless, and his positional intelligence might protect Berardi/Phillips when they end up out of position.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Re: Lasogga

I liked him and could see why he was highly rated, but he was out of shape and at his age that sets alarm bells off for me.
Anything he does this season with HSV has to be tempered though because they're playing in the second division for the first time in their history and there's a lot of poor clubs down there, so I wouldn't be too excited/surprised by his form ..
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

rigger wrote:Re: Lasogga

I liked him and could see why he was highly rated, but he was out of shape and at his age that sets alarm bells off for me.
Anything he does this season with HSV has to be tempered though because they're playing in the second division for the first time in their history and there's a lot of poor clubs down there, so I wouldn't be too excited/surprised by his form ..
From what I saw, Lasogga, or Lardsogga as I had taken to calling him, might have been technically gifted, but he was not very mobile, couldn't pass the ball, couldn't hold the ball up, couldn't link up play, couldn't help the defence. In the box, to his feet he'd have got us some goals. It is an obvious fact that he was far from being at the top of his fitness but he never gave the impression that he was ever going to bust a gut for anything. In essence, he was very poor in a poor all round team and I would have been unhappy if we had kept him on even if we could have afforded him. What we had last year did not suit his style of play or vice versa.

Anyway, it's history now but I reckon he would have struggled to give us the mobility that the Bielsa teams at the moment seem to prefer.
Keep The Faith / WAL
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

From today's gossip column in The Guardian :

NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Apparently Robert Huth would like to join us. He's a player I've always admired but at 34 :roll:
Winner of the Europa League
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Apparently Robert Huth would like to join us. He's a player I've always admired but at 34 :roll:
At the beginning of the season I would've said yes, experienced and a fab CB IMO, at this level. Why someone hasn't picked him up before now raises a couple of questions, wages, perhaps an injury? We have Berardi coming back, who for me, has been our best player so far this season.