2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
MarkVidukasShimmy
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by MarkVidukasShimmy »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
I could see us offering more than £7m 9ish maybe double figures
Personally i would drive him there myself if you make a double digit offer. Not sure what the fascination is with the lad tbh. He's nowhere near consistent enough, has 1 good game and 3 bad. We still don't seem to know is best position. Lets hope your instincts prove right Baggy. We could do with the cash. :thumbup:
He's not a winger, which is unfortunate as that's where he was inexplicably positioned by all of Monk, Christiansen and Heckingbottom most of the time. When he was played as a kind-of 9, he occasionally did very well (eg QPR away etc) and that's where his goals came from.

Most definitely falls into the category of player who will leave, go up via the play-offs and put 3 past us on the way.
PC71
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by PC71 »

Bartley has signed for WBA, missed opportunity there.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

MarkVidukasShimmy wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:

Personally i would drive him there myself if you make a double digit offer. Not sure what the fascination is with the lad tbh. He's nowhere near consistent enough, has 1 good game and 3 bad. We still don't seem to know is best position. Lets hope your instincts prove right Baggy. We could do with the cash. :thumbup:
He's not a winger, which is unfortunate as that's where he was inexplicably positioned by all of Monk, Christiansen and Heckingbottom most of the time. When he was played as a kind-of 9, he occasionally did very well (eg QPR away etc) and that's where his goals came from.

Most definitely falls into the category of player who will leave, go up via the play-offs and put 3 past us on the way.
Sometimes you get a player that you sign that shows a lot of promise or is going to come in and take to the job like a duck to water. Then there are the other occasions when putting on the shirt simply overwhelms the player. With Roofe I think it is one of the latter occasions. Whether its a mental thing or not being man-managed properly I have no idea but things have not really being going that well since he joined us.
Keep The Faith / WAL
JamesR
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by JamesR »

And doesn't he look overjoyed to have signed for them
https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2018/july/ba ... or-albion/
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9252185
Leeds are currently working on at least one more addition from the top flight and, despite various setbacks, expect four or five new recruits to materialise, in keeping with Bielsa’s request for recruitment in “four or five different positions where we need to strengthen.” A striker, a midfielder and a full-back remain on the wanted list.
So a CF, MF and FB to follow Blackman's imminent announcement. I hope either the FB or the MF are players that Bielsa intends to use at CB.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
MOT1964

Post by MOT1964 »

Leeds United
@LUFC
·
54s
✍️ | Leeds United are pleased to confirm the signing of goalkeeper Jamal Blackman on a season-long loan deal
PhoenixUnited

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Well let's look on the positive side - on one issue at least. With regard to goalkeeping I'd say we ware in a better starting position than we were at this point last close season. Not sure if we will have a third keeper but this is looking good IMHO.

In case anyone could forget, we'd signed Whoopswald, sorry Weidwald on the cheap (thank you Victor! :roll: ) who then became first choice causing Rob Green to sling his hook to go sit on a Premier League bench. Second choice was then Lonegran. Hindsight is an exact science but neither of the keepers we had had any quality about them. Mostly like Dracula and experiencing depth perception issues. I don't suppose a fragile defence helped but it really was a shambles of a campaign.

Next!
Keep The Faith / WAL
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Dont no where my pal read this:-

Just been reading Sam Vokes is now on Leeds radar as our next striker. Now that would be decent as long as Burnley don’t ask for silly money.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:Dont no where my pal read this:-

Just been reading Sam Vokes is now on Leeds radar as our next striker. Now that would be decent as long as Burnley don’t ask for silly money.
If that's true, then Vokes has been edged out by our ex striker. Do we want someone who is not as good as Wood?
I once played against Don Revie.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

johnh wrote:
SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:Dont no where my pal read this:-

If that's true, then Vokes has been edged out by our ex striker. Do we want someone who is not as good as Wood?
But is he still good enough for Championship?
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay