2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by johnh »

I thought WBA had financial problems? Back in March there was a time when it looked as though they couldn't pay wages. Jansson needs some good advice before he makes this move, even if it is for more money. Its no good having a high salary if it doesn't end up in your account.
I once played against Don Revie.
baggie192
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by baggie192 »

johnh wrote:I thought WBA had financial problems? Back in March there was a time when it looked as though they couldn't pay wages. Jansson needs some good advice before he makes this move, even if it is for more money. Its no good having a high salary if it doesn't end up in your account.
Where did you read that mate? It's villa who are screwed with money. There never been a problem paying our wages, and, consider we had Jonny Evans on £120kpw at the time. We are cutting the cloth accordiingly now. But, we do have a good wage structure and since 2002 always have
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

baggie192 wrote:
johnh wrote:I thought WBA had financial problems? Back in March there was a time when it looked as though they couldn't pay wages. Jansson needs some good advice before he makes this move, even if it is for more money. Its no good having a high salary if it doesn't end up in your account.
Where did you read that mate? It's villa who are screwed with money. There never been a problem paying our wages, and, consider we had Jonny Evans on £120kpw at the time. We are cutting the cloth accordiingly now. But, we do have a good wage structure and since 2002 always have
Googled it. Key in 'West Bromwich Albion financial problems' It stated that they were struggling to pay wages in March this year. Also, the new owner is quoted as saying that he couldn't believe how bad the finances were. Could be all 'false news' though eh.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Mallik Wilks joins Doncaster, on loan, until January.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
sgt_pooly
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by sgt_pooly »

Good move for the lad.
trig338
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Post by trig338 »

rigger wrote:Why would any of our players leave for WBA ??

I don't get it.
If they were still in the EPL, maybe, but they're a smaller club and now they're in the same division.
They are probably favorites to bounce right back up this season.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

trig338 wrote:
rigger wrote:Why would any of our players leave for WBA ??

I don't get it.
If they were still in the EPL, maybe, but they're a smaller club and now they're in the same division.
They are probably favorites to bounce right back up this season.
One of the favourites, that is for sure, and they have the parachute money, of course.

Many of their fans are convinced they wouldn’t have come down in the first place, had they appointed Moore much earlier.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
trig338
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Post by trig338 »

WBA wants to pair Bartley with Jansson. And Jansson's personal goal is EPL so it makes sense. But not for Leeds. Utter disaster.

Is £10million a decent fee?
https://www.teamtalk.com/news/west-brom ... nder-nears
baggie192
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by baggie192 »

johnh wrote:
baggie192 wrote:
Googled it. Key in 'West Bromwich Albion financial problems' It stated that they were struggling to pay wages in March this year. Also, the new owner is quoted as saying that he couldn't believe how bad the finances were. Could be all 'false news' though eh.
Saw the article and what it was talking about was Jenkins not wanting to make Gregor K. loan permanant, he was on £110kpw and a lousy signing. He's since gone back to PSG. Let's face it not many are going to match PSG's wages. We made a £39.8m profit before relegation. Obviously that's going to be less next year. So we'll to try for promotion in the next two seasons
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

baggie192 wrote:
johnh wrote:
baggie192 wrote:
Saw the article and what it was talking about was Jenkins not wanting to make Gregor K. loan permanant, he was on £110kpw and a lousy signing. He's since gone back to PSG. Let's face it not many are going to match PSG's wages. We made a £39.8m profit before relegation. Obviously that's going to be less next year. So we'll to try for promotion in the next two seasons
What about parachute payments?