2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by PhoenixUnited »

rigger wrote:Anyone else feel that Bielsa may have changed his mind about Saiz since the summer ?

I can't help think that if we had a bid of £7-10m he'd probably go in January, wouldn't he ?
Seems to me that a bid in the order of £5m would be accepted. Don't ask me why as I can't explain that. When you have followed Leeds for so many years you just get that uneasy feeling.

All I can say is that Saiz is a talent alright but temperament has always been suspect and his consistency is in doubt; he went off the boil into the New Year last season and the same has happened again only earlier. The big question is if he can get back to the early season form and how quickly he can do that. Between now and the boxing Day game against Forest is a make or break time for Saiz. I really hope he makes it.

Where he plays he should be getting a few goals but it does not happen for him.
Keep The Faith / WAL
West beach white
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by West beach white »

PhoenixUnited wrote:
rigger wrote:Anyone else feel that Bielsa may have changed his mind about Saiz since the summer ?

I can't help think that if we had a bid of £7-10m he'd probably go in January, wouldn't he ?
Seems to me that a bid in the order of £5m would be accepted. Don't ask me why as I can't explain that. When you have followed Leeds for so many years you just get that uneasy feeling.

All I can say is that Saiz is a talent alright but temperament has always been suspect and his consistency is in doubt; he went off the boil into the New Year last season and the same has happened again only earlier. The big question is if he can get back to the early season form and how quickly he can do that. Between now and the boxing Day game against Forest is a make or break time for Saiz. I really hope he makes it.

Where he plays he should be getting a few goals but it does not happen for him.

Apparently the ‘not the top twenty ‘ podcast claimed to have heard whispers that saiz may be on his way back to Spain in January.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

West beach white wrote:...Apparently the ‘not the top twenty ‘ podcast claimed to have heard whispers that saiz may be on his way back to Spain in January.
Hope not. Even if not playing as well as we'd like, he's still more valuable to us on the bench than in Spain.

He's not firing on all cylinders, but he's also not a liability when he comes on, so keep him and just maybe he'll provide that odd spark that we'll need...
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Reference Saiz I think he will go & the money used to bring in a keeper, centre back & winger. With Jack Clarke, Bamford, Brown etc there's going to be lots of other options.
Winner of the Europa League
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

kk_white wrote:
West beach white wrote:...Apparently the ‘not the top twenty ‘ podcast claimed to have heard whispers that saiz may be on his way back to Spain in January.
Hope not. Even if not playing as well as we'd like, he's still more valuable to us on the bench than in Spain.

He's not firing on all cylinders, but he's also not a liability when he comes on, so keep him and just maybe he'll provide that odd spark that we'll need...
Agreed Mr kk maybe a spark in a Cantona 92 sort of way?
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

kk_white wrote:

We won't sell anyone in January, least of all Saiz, and we'll get a keeper in on loan. That's my bet folks and I'm currently 2nd placed in our Sky Super 6 contest :thumbup: :lol:
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Completely agree with ANS, Saiz won't be sold. Bielsa's comments about him lacking in confidence were very interesting. For a player of his ilk and talent, confidence is very important for him having the belief in himself to play the way we know he can. I think that Bielsa is trying to protect him a little bit, and I very much doubt that he will leave. Considering how Bielsa likes his players to be well versed in his style, I highly doubt that he'll risk selling Saiz to bring in a few players who are unfamiliar with the demands of Bielsaball.

Elsewhere, the Daily Mirror are linking us with Keiren Westwood on a free (although Phil Hay has said the people he's asked have told him that won't happen), whilst the Sun are linking us with Karl Darlow.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Westwood mentioned many times before... Still a very good acquisition in my book.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
TezzaWazzaBazza
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by TezzaWazzaBazza »

Saiz is too hard to replace. Even if he doesn't score goals, he worries opposition players like no one else.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

TezzaWazzaBazza wrote:Saiz is too hard to replace. Even if he doesn't score goals, he worries opposition players like no one else.
Or like Alioski :shh: