2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by MOT1964 »

David Cartlidge
@davidjaca
Ángel Torres, president of Getafe, saying that a player will take a medical at the club next week and could also be present at their game on Saturday.

Didn’t name him, but that player is expected to be Samu Sáiz from Leeds.

David Cartlidge
@davidjaca

Torres said some players at Getafe already know who it is, but he couldn’t name the player tonight as “it would anger the English team”.

Sáiz would arrive as a loan, with option to buy.
Last edited by MOT1964 on 13 Dec 2018, 22:48, edited 2 times in total.
Mickeyzee
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Mickeyzee »

I like Samu, I really do, he is a real talent but we need him firing each game. If his heads not in it, there is no point for us. Cash in now before his value plummets imo.

I wish him luck!
It's only a game love?! Shut up you daft woman....
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Otherworld »

I can’t see him leaving on loan, that makes no sense at all. If he’s determined to leave, we cant stop him, but it will have to be for a decent transfer fee, surely!
gilesdriveby
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by gilesdriveby »

December was just going too well. First news about Eleven sports which will affect the funds and then news about Saiz. I also can't see benefit of the loan (maybe works for a young player) but if he goes and plays badly or gets injured then his proce will fall. If he has to go we need funds so we can reinvest.
It will open the door for the likes of Brown, or Clarke or even Bamford.
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

gilesdriveby wrote:December was just going too well. First news about Eleven sports which will affect the funds and then news about Saiz. I also can't see benefit of the loan (maybe works for a young player) but if he goes and plays badly or gets injured then his proce will fall. If he has to go we need funds so we can reinvest.
It will open the door for the likes of Brown, or Clarke or even Bamford.
If Saiz goes then Good luck to him, He clearly hasn't played that well this season and after the spitting incident last season he didn't come back fully into the team since then. I would rather someone with his talents in the team but not half hearted either. You play for Leeds United then you had better play to your potential or get rid.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

If Saiz wants out & as Brucie used to say " The price is right " then adios amigo.
Winner of the Europa League
zigzag
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by zigzag »

Id be happy to let Saiz go if we get a fee for him, and that money is made available for new player(s) in the January window. Im not the biggest fan of Saiz so just getting our money back would be OK for me, going on loan makes no sense.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Since the spitting incident we haven't seen the best of Saiz, there are enough decent players to take over from him.
Karolkarol
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by Karolkarol »

Nick Powell as a replacement please.
CrisPeacock
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CrisPeacock »

I can't believe it's true, how can he leave before the end of the season, we're fighting for promotion, maybe he's not playing a lot lately and when he plays it doesn't have such an effect on the results as before but... HE'S STILL VERY IMPORTANT PLAYER IN OUR TEAM and I can't find any reason why he would leave for our good- cold in winter?? :lolno: please tell me that there is some SOLID reason, I can't agree with those who aren't too embarrassed by his leaving, are there things like honor, ambition and loyalty in this world yet? He sould stay at least till the end of the season, we're Leeds United and this is a special season.
TezzaWazzaBazza wrote:Saiz is too hard to replace. Even if he doesn't score goals, he worries opposition players like no one else.
we really need him, especially in games with weaker teams when we have to attack quickly when we dominate them and we need some magic to get through their defense
I would be really pissed off, but probably as usual, we don't know the real reasons, if he really wants to leave, let him go but as someone said: December was just ging too well :x
Strange situation with the latest news, as if the universe don't want Leeds to work too well :roll: anyway 3 points tomorrow please
LUFCTALK Prediction League Winner 2014-2015