2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
TezzaWazzaBazza
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by TezzaWazzaBazza »

Unfortunately I think Bartley is a no if it's another knee ligament problem. We're cursed.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Is it too cynical to suggest that's why the club suddenly wanted to buy him... He comes cheaper with one leg?
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9142197

Another knee injury for Bartley.
Wow, you got to feel sorry for him. Hopefully it isn't too bad and he can come back soon. The club should be looking at Helander too imo, only one year left and not unaffordable. What about Halme, Struijk and Diaz? Are they likely to be promoted or still with the u23 next season?
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

One of the comments from the YEP article:-

Keith Armitage
Since his professional debut for Arsenal in 2009 to the end of last season Kyle Bartley has made just 140 career league appearances. Thats 140 in 8 seasons.

Before joining us for last season the only time he has played more than 20 league games in a saeson was for Sheffield Utd in 2010-2011 when he played 21. That means in the other 6 seasons he played in 74 league games which is about 12 a season.

His 2010-11 season at Sheffield Utd was cut short due to a knee ligament injury and he has had 2 similar injuries this season. Have a feeling that he has had persistant problem with knee injuries through out his career. It appears we were lucky he played so much for us last season.

Of course a fit Kyle Bartley would be a great addition but we cannot afford to spend good money on someone who could miss a large number of games due to a known re-curring injury. In view of recent signings injuries problems the LUFC medical staff cannot afford to get this wrong. They have to be sure there is a good chance his knee will hold up and he will play the majority of games.

Question is would Swansea entertain letting him go if they thought he would stay fit and produce his best on a regular basis? I think not.

Seems to have a knee problem so to much of a risk.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Barlow Boy wrote:Brief report from the club regarding those players currently out on loan.....

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... t-30-04-18

Can’t see Ideguchi going to the World Cup at this rate.
Good, then he'll be available for the tour of Myanmar......
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

If we can't get Bartley, does anyone else think Robert Huth could do a job ??
He's always been a favourite of mine - no nonsense, scores a few too - and he'll be leaving Leicester out of contract in a few weeks.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

rigger wrote:If we can't get Bartley, does anyone else think Robert Huth could do a job ??
He's always been a favourite of mine - no nonsense, scores a few too - and he'll be leaving Leicester out of contract in a few weeks.
Would prefer him to Bartley to be honest, nothing against Bart would be a cracking signing at his best but reckon he'll spend more time on the treatment than the pitch.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Polkadot »

I believe that there is 3 key signings that need to be done in the summer:

1) New striker that kan bang 20+ next seasons. If we had Wood all season instead of Lassogga/Ekuban I'm sure we would have in the fight for promotion.

2) New midfielder. O'Kane is not good enough and Klich and Anitahave failed to prove themself. Forshaw, Phillips & Vieria is okay, but we need one that is better.

3) New central back. We need someone to play next to Pontus, Cooper not good enough to be first choice.

If we still have money to spend
4) A new winger that can contribute more than Dallas/Sacko.

5) New goalkeeper as back up/ challenger to BFP.

I hope these players leaves in the summer:
Wiedewald, Lonergan, Berardi, Pennington, Lassoga, Ouasim Bouy, Madger Gomes, Cibicki & Sacko.

With the right signings these kan also leave:
Dallas, Ekuban & Anita.

That should leave us with this squad:
GK: BFP + 1 (Lonergan/NEW)

RB: Ayling, Coyle
LB: Pearce, De Bock (Denton?)
CB: Pontus, NEW, Cooper, Shaugnessy, O'Connor

CM: NEW, Forshaw, Vieiria, Phillips, O'Kane (maybe keep Anita?)

Wingers/Attacking midfielders: Saiz, Pablo, Alioski, NEW (maybe keep Dallas?)

Strikers: NEW, Roofe, Roberts (maybe keed Ekuban/Grot?)

--

The important thing is that we get a midfield that actually works (play 4-3-3 might be the way to do it) and that we get a striker that can score a lot of goals.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Polkadot wrote:I believe that there is 3 key signings that need to be done in the summer:

1) New striker that kan bang 20+ next seasons. If we had Wood all season instead of Lassogga/Ekuban I'm sure we would have in the fight for promotion.

2) New midfielder. O'Kane is not good enough and Klich and Anitahave failed to prove themself. Forshaw, Phillips & Vieria is okay, but we need one that is better.

3) New central back. We need someone to play next to Pontus, Cooper not good enough to be first choice.

If we still have money to spend
4) A new winger that can contribute more than Dallas/Sacko.

5) New goalkeeper as back up/ challenger to BFP.

I hope these players leaves in the summer:
Wiedewald, Lonergan, Berardi, Pennington, Lassoga, Ouasim Bouy, Madger Gomes, Cibicki & Sacko.

With the right signings these kan also leave:
Dallas, Ekuban & Anita.

That should leave us with this squad:
GK: BFP + 1 (Lonergan/NEW)

RB: Ayling, Coyle
LB: Pearce, De Bock (Denton?)
CB: Pontus, NEW, Cooper, Shaugnessy, O'Connor

CM: NEW, Forshaw, Vieiria, Phillips, O'Kane (maybe keep Anita?)

Wingers/Attacking midfielders: Saiz, Pablo, Alioski, NEW (maybe keep Dallas?)

Strikers: NEW, Roofe, Roberts (maybe keed Ekuban/Grot?)

--

The important thing is that we get a midfield that actually works (play 4-3-3 might be the way to do it) and that we get a striker that can score a lot of goals.
I generally agree with this, however I would take a look at Ideguchi and Klich in pre season before deciding whether to sign a new midfielder.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
gilesdriveby
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by gilesdriveby »

"I generally agree with this, however I would take a look at Ideguchi and Klich in pre season before deciding whether to sign a new midfielder."

Totally agree. Klitch scored yesterday for FC Utrecht and how TC rated O Kane as a better player I'll never know.

Ideguchi is/was on Japanese national squad so he could be a worthwhile addition.

I guess Roberts also needs a chance although he seems like a panic buy during transfer window to show that we had bought someone.

I wouldn't mind someone like Danny Ings as a centre forward.

I also think Shaughnessy and O Connor need to go out on loan. It worked for Coyle and for Charlie Taylor before that.