2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by MOT1964 »

johnh wrote:Rumour is that Daniel James is going to Man U for £15m.
Lots of discussion about this earlier on in this thread.
Nic

Post by Nic »

johnh wrote:Rumour is that Daniel James is going to Man U for £15m.
He will go to a PL club, there is a few in the running, so don't be surprised if this is just to pressure other clubs to firm up their offer as the club owners are desperate to sell. His agent states M.U. have not made an approach, so it's all talk to get more than £10m
Leeds in Tassie
Giddy Kipper

Post by Leeds in Tassie »

I read that Orta has encouraged James to wait until we win the playoff final before making a decision
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Polkadot »

Rough to end the season like that, but that’s how football works.

It’s going to be a very interesting summer. Will we be able to keep our best players and our biggest talent? Will we be able to bring in new players that are actually good enough?

I fear loosing Phillips, Clarke, Shackleton, Klich and Pontus.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Polkadot wrote:Rough to end the season like that, but that’s how football works.

It’s going to be a very interesting summer. Will we be able to keep our best players and our biggest talent? Will we be able to bring in new players that are actually good enough?

We don't need the cash, we're not in debt so if any of those players you've mentioned leave it will be, IMO, because they want to. I think we can easily keep these players and add to it. Interesting summer as you said, without question.
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Polkadot »

DominanceUK wrote: We don't need the cash, we're not in debt so if any of those players you've mentioned leave it will be, IMO, because they want to. I think we can easily keep these players and add to it. Interesting summer as you said, without question.
Yes, but if/when the Premier League clubs comes around, why should we believe that they will chose different from what Cook, Wood, Taylor, Byram did? Southampton, Bournemouth, Norwich etc will circle around these players like flies around fresh cow number 2s.
Nic

Post by Nic »

DominanceUK wrote:
Polkadot wrote:Rough to end the season like that, but that’s how football works.

We don't need the cash, we're not in debt so if any of those players you've mentioned leave it will be, IMO, because they want to. I think we can easily keep these players and add to it. Interesting summer as you said, without question.
But we sell a player to "balance the books", so we will do so again.
Costy

Post by Costy »

I think Philips is the only one who would truly appeal to any premier league club for next season. Pontus is too injury prone and not quick enough for prem, Klich is not at that standard and the others have hardly played. I think Kalvin will give it another season at least before stepping up a level.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Polkadot wrote:
DominanceUK wrote: We don't need the cash, we're not in debt so if any of those players you've mentioned leave it will be, IMO, because they want to. I think we can easily keep these players and add to it. Interesting summer as you said, without question.
Yes, but if/when the Premier League clubs comes around, why should we believe that they will chose different from what Cook, Wood, Taylor, Byram did? Southampton, Bournemouth, Norwich etc will circle around these players like flies around fresh cow number 2s.
I see your point, pal. However, when we sold the players you mentioned, we needed the cash. I could be completely and utterly wrong but I hope I'm not.
superfox
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by superfox »

DominanceUK wrote:
Polkadot wrote:
I see your point, pal. However, when we sold the players you mentioned, we needed the cash. I could be completely and utterly wrong but I hope I'm not.
I can't see us selling Shackleton and Clarke was spectacularly regressed after his illness so don't think many teams would pay for him right now.
One of Jansson, Phillips or Roofe will go I'm afraid, but hopefully not many.