2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
sgt_pooly
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by sgt_pooly »

Any decent vids of Dan James floating about? Not seen much of him.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
Professor Giles wrote:Yes, a real statement of intent. Hats off to Radz and Orta. I don't think we're flush with cash at the moment, so they're pushing the boat out here. Radz has probably decided that we have to take our opportunity now rather than worry about an FFP sanction in two or three years time. Wouldn't be surprised if we have to sell Clarke to one of the big six at the end of the window and loan him back for the rest of the season in order to finance some of this and a new winger / playmaker. Hopefully not, but either way this is a great signing. Great that Casilla decided to move to a bigger club.
Do you know something we don't about FFP rules, PG? According to reports we're nowhere near breaking those rules due to the sensible way Radrizzani is running the club. I'd be shocked and disgusted if we sell Clarke, why so pessimistic?
I agree with ANS on this one - what's the source of your info about FFP ??

Apart from the purchase of the club itself, Radrizzani has spent most money on buying back the ground as far as I know.
There's not that much gone into the transfer kitty - not for players at any rate - and even taking Bielsa's salary into account, it's nowhere near the levels of at least half the division.
Tourist
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Tourist »

Regarding finances of Leeds, let me just leave here a link to a very insightful analysis of Leeds finances from a reliable source. No FFP violation in sight! https://mobile.twitter.com/swissramble/ ... 6675912705
MOT!
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:I'm still buzzing over Casilla. Who next I wonder ?
I'm just happy one of our feeder clubs have done their job ;)
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Costy »

Wonder what Casilla made of the temperatures today?

Jack Clark would be mad to go if any kind of real offer did come in. He just needs to look at how things have worked out for Charlie Taylor, Sam Byram and even Lewis Cook. Moving to play in the premier league before you're ready is not a good idea, at least not in terms of your development as a player.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Does the fact that we have signed him from Real Madrid automatically make him a great keeper? He may be kak and just picking up his money at a big club like some of them prem keepers warming the bench over the years. :shifty:

I can't see how we would be in any ffp problems. We usually aim to balance the books as far as transfers go. I wonder if we will bring any more in? I think AR as probably looked at our position and thought, MMmm, we are valued at around £50m but if we go up, that will probably increase to around £300m. Ker-ching

Orta... get your phone out and find me some quality for a change! :D
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

Costy wrote:Wonder what Casilla made of the temperatures today?

Jack Clark would be mad to go if any kind of real offer did come in. He just needs to look at how things have worked out for Charlie Taylor, Sam Byram and even Lewis Cook. Moving to play in the premier league before you're ready is not a good idea, at least not in terms of your development as a player.
Ian Harte is his agent and advised him not to go take up the offer of going to a PL club before, so I would assume its the same advice now, better to develop skills here where he will get game time. Seeing the signing of Casilla shows the intent of the club to get promoted.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Doesn't ffp reset this summer anyway? The current cycle has been 16/17, 17/18 and 18/19, hence why the likes of Villa and Wednesday are in trouble.
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

I thought FFP was over a rolling 3 year cycle?

If not clubs would just go mad this summer knowing that it would be written off. That cant be right?
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

I saw that Ian Harte is Jack Clarke's agent, so I assume he wouldn't sanction anything that wasn't in the interests of Leeds United.

Why would he join lesser clubs like Palace or Southampton especially when we're on the cusp of the Premiership? His roots are clearly in York/Leeds so it would be a huge personal upheaval to go off to a new area some distance away.

Some wishful thinking here I know.....
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....