2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by isrodger »

For me the biggest issue is still at centre back I’m sick of seeing us concede soft goals from corners. In the last 3 games 5 points have been lost which wouldn’t have had we had a bartly in the side. Next we need a goalscorer however bamforth and brown will add to our incisiveness. Then a proper winger - here Clarke May just provide the answer. So the absolute priority for me is centre back step forward Foyth.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

isrodger wrote:For me the biggest issue is still at centre back I’m sick of seeing us concede soft goals from corners. In the last 3 games 5 points have been lost which wouldn’t have had we had a bartly in the side. Next we need a goalscorer however bamforth and brown will add to our incisiveness. Then a proper winger - here Clarke May just provide the answer. So the absolute priority for me is centre back step forward Foyth.
WBA are now shipping goals so I'm not sure if Bartley would actually make a difference, I do agree about a CB though. As for Foyth well after watching him yesterday I really don't rate the young fella. That said it was one performance.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Always larf when I see this

should you buy a car with a salvage title
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
lufctrav
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by lufctrav »

rigger wrote:
rss1969 wrote:We could have bought in a no2 without paying decent wages and using up a loan slot (as well as the inevitable loan fee we will have paid to Chelsea). Baker is obviously not in MB's plans ...

I doubt we're paying a fee at all and probably a small percentage of his wages.
A club like Chelsea prefer to buy in bulk, loan 'em out and then bank on four or five of their young players being sold every year which more than covers the cost.

Every now and then they'll hit paydirt, sell big and still have a buy-back clause inserted in the deal so they really can't lose ..

It's a bit like what Tesco do to suppliers .. :wtf:
From what I've heard, we don't pay a penny until Izzy is fit.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Pontus Jansson has been withdrawn from the Sweden squad with a foot injury.

The Swedish Football Association has issued an update saying the centre back has pulled out of the Sweden squad with a foot injury picked up during Leeds United’s defeat at West Bromwich Albion on Saturday. He has been replaced in the squad by Bologna’s Mattias Svanberg.

Jansson went down in the 61st minute at The Hawthorns after stopping Harvey Barnes from making a break. He was able to carry on after treatment and played for another half an hour.

The two matches that Jansson will miss for Sweden are Turkey away on Friday night, followed by Russia at home on Tuesday.

There’s no indication of the severity of Jansson’s injury but Leeds fans will be hoping it’s precautionary as the team is already without key defenders including Luke Ayling, Gaetano Berardi and Tom Pearce.
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

rigger wrote:
Selby White wrote: Is Paudie O'Connor due back or away all season ? He's been doing well I understand (albeit a lower level) and been playing regular games.
I think even if it's a season-long loan agreement, the parent club can recall the player during the January window and terminate the loan if they want to.
Chelsea made somewhere in the region of 20m last season by loaning out their youth players..............it is a business in itself.

That is why they are happy to have 23 year old players on their books who have never played 90 mins in the PL.

Liverpool actually fined a club last season because their loan player did not play enough................the monopoly of talent now stretches beyond the massive squads of the top six and into their youth and U23 teams.

We will be paying for our loan players.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Jansson & now Alioski both sent home from international duty both injured.
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Jamal Blackman fractured his tibia in the Under 23 game against Birmingham, and will be returning to Chelsea.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
zigzag
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by zigzag »

Barlow Boy wrote:Jamal Blackman fractured his tibia in the Under 23 game against Birmingham, and will be returning to Chelsea.
Are we allowed an emergency loan or do we have to wait until.the January window to bring in a replacement (presumably we need a replacement)

Thats unlucky for Blackman as I feel he was perhaps just one more BPF mistake away from the first team
PC71
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by PC71 »

Wow, in the last 2 days Leeds have been linked to January moves for Fernando Llorente and Tom Heaton, if these are true and we get them, that is a huge sign of intent for the second half of the season.