2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
trig338
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by trig338 »

zigzag wrote:Not sure what to make on another Jansson story in the Swedish press, might be another lost in translation one, but I do think his camp now need to stop these leaks to the press in Sweden, they do not help his case
99% of the times a rumour has substance the other swedish tabloids would report - they have not, so it could be a hoax. On the other hand Janne Andersson lets the press pretty close to the national team so leaks are a factor. Also the £10million figure is not reported in Sweden.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
DominanceUK wrote:It's pretty simple regarding Jansson and the link with WB. If he were to leave to go there then it's money orientated and nothing else, they're not a bigger club than Leeds and with all due respect, probably never will be. Before all that though, they are only rumours.
What about ambition? Were not showing much as of yet. Hasn't PJ always stated he his happy at Leeds providing the club show some ambition in the transfer market. Its still early days you could say regarding transfers, but in all honesty i expected to see more players arrive than Tom Baker. Who? Ask Dr Orta.
Yes, he has always stated that's he ambitious. He could, IMO, easily get a transfer to a PL side if that was the case. Joining another Championship side isn't ambitious in my eyes, even if they're one of the favourites to go up or not.
baggie192
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by baggie192 »

johnh wrote:
baggie192 wrote:
johnh wrote:
baggie192 wrote:
johnh wrote:I thought WBA had financial problems? Back in March there was a time when it looked as though they couldn't pay wages. Jansson needs some good advice before he makes this move, even if it is for more money. Its no good having a high salary if it doesn't end up in your account.
Where did you read that mate? It's villa who are screwed with money. There never been a problem paying our wages, and, consider we had Jonny Evans on £120kpw at the time. We are cutting the cloth accordiingly now. But, we do have a good wage structure and since 2002 always have
Googled it. Key in 'West Bromwich Albion financial problems' It stated that they were struggling to pay wages in March this year. Also, the new owner is quoted as saying that he couldn't believe how bad the finances were. Could be all 'false news' though eh.
Saw the article and what it was talking about was Jenkins not wanting to make Gregor K. loan permanant, he was on £110kpw and a lousy signing. He's since gone back to PSG. Let's face it not many are going to match PSG's wages. We made a £39.8m profit before relegation. Obviously that's going to be less next year. So we'll to try for promotion in the next two seasons
What about parachute payments?
The £39.8m was the gross profit from the last tax year (April 1st 2017-March 31st 2018) I didn't include the Parachute payments as they'll be known next April
baggie192
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by baggie192 »

DominanceUK wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
DominanceUK wrote:It's pretty simple regarding Jansson and the link with WB. If he were to leave to go there then it's money orientated and nothing else, they're not a bigger club than Leeds and with all due respect, probably never will be. Before all that though, they are only rumours.
What about ambition? Were not showing much as of yet. Hasn't PJ always stated he his happy at Leeds providing the club show some ambition in the transfer market. Its still early days you could say regarding transfers, but in all honesty i expected to see more players arrive than Tom Baker. Who? Ask Dr Orta.
Yes, he has always stated that's he ambitious. He could, IMO, easily get a transfer to a PL side if that was the case. Joining another Championship side isn't ambitious in my eyes, even if they're one of the favourites to go up or not.
Let me just say this isn't a troll, but, an opinion out of the two Leeds players linked I think we'd be more agressive chasing Roofe. We are lacking in what he can do. Until one of them appears on the website holding a shirt it's all moot I don't trust rumour sites
sgt_pooly
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by sgt_pooly »

The one thing with Jannson is that he seems to have a certain affinity to the club and the fans. Would he seriously leave for another Championship club? I'm not so sure.

If Roofe is indeed on the Baggies radar, I'll get the car warmed up. Anything around 6m would suffice I think.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

baggie192 wrote:Until one of them appears on the website holding a shirt it's all moot I don't trust rumour sites
Especially at this time of year :yawn:
Deleted User 728

sgt_pooly wrote:The one thing with Jannson is that he seems to have a certain affinity to the club and the fans. Would he seriously leave for another Championship club? I'm not so sure.
Do you really think so ??
Call me a cynical git, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he was to engineer a move this summer to any club, here or abroad.
I think a lot of what he does is hollow tub-thumping, playing to the gallery. I'd rather a quietly effective Bartley or Jonny Evans type than the shouty "big man". Give me Des Walker at his peak over John Terry in his prime every time.
I think WBA are a smaller club overall but they're arguably in a better place than we are right now, despite relegation, so he could say it was the right career move if he joined.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

rigger wrote:
sgt_pooly wrote:The one thing with Jannson is that he seems to have a certain affinity to the club and the fans. Would he seriously leave for another Championship club? I'm not so sure.
Do you really think so ??
Call me a cynical git, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he was to engineer a move this summer to any club, here or abroad.
I think a lot of what he does is hollow tub-thumping, playing to the gallery. I'd rather a quietly effective Bartley or Jonny Evans type than the shouty "big man". Give me Des Walker at his peak over John Terry in his prime every time.
I think WBA are a smaller club overall but they're arguably in a better place than we are right now, despite relegation, so he could say it was the right career move if he joined.
Always willing to oblige. Cynical git. :wave: :lol:
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

johnh wrote:Always willing to oblige. Cynical git. :wave: :lol:
Takes one to know one, ner nerrr ner ner nerrrrrr :D
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

rigger wrote: