2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by DominanceUK »

rss1969 wrote:It is all about money.

It has been since 22 clubs decided to dip their snouts in the trough (including us)to ultimately benefit scum, Chelsea & Man City.

Vydra is happy to take 50k a week to be 3rd choice striker and cannon fodder for the above. I do not really blame him as it is a well trodden path now.

The days of chasing your dreams in football is 25 years out of date.........the clubs are as much to blame as Viera did not even want to leave.
You're right rss, unfortunately for a lot of players out there it's simply just down to money and nothing else. That's the reality. As for Vydra, I couldn't give a monkeys about him, I only want players at Leeds who want to be here.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Please just sign an imposing centre half.... would rather use berardi operating as cover for Philips as a defensive midfield player than as cover at centre back.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Burnley have Chris Wood, Sam Vokes, Ashley Barnes, Nakki Wells and know Vydra which seems a lot of strikers who arent going to get games.

Unless they are going to move two of the above named on before the window closes.

As Rad's said in interviews over the weekend Vydra didnt really want to come to Leeds so good riddance to him and hope he doesnt get games at Burnley.

As far as a new CB is concerned MB has said he is happy with the players he has so cant see another coming in.
DominanceUK

Post by DominanceUK »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:Burnley have Chris Wood, Sam Vokes, Ashley Barnes, Nakki Wells and know Vydra which seems a lot of strikers who arent going to get games.

Unless they are going to move two of the above named on before the window closes.

As Rad's said in interviews over the weekend Vydra didnt really want to come to Leeds so good riddance to him and hope he doesnt get games at Burnley.

As far as a new CB is concerned MB has said he is happy with the players he has so cant see another coming in.
I think Nahki Wells has gone to Derby on a season long loan as part of the Vydra deal. I can see us definitely signing a CB (loan) before the window shuts at the end of the month.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

Angus Kinnear said last night that one or two loans this month were more likely than a permanent before the window shuts tomorrow.
sgt_pooly
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by sgt_pooly »

Steven Caulker being linked from numerous sources, 1.5m.
DominanceUK

Post by DominanceUK »

It seems as though the Norwood link is gathering pace and looks as though that will go through. Get him with Denayer or the recently linked Caulker and I'll be very happy indeed.
moozif
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by moozif »

Davycc wrote:
Wigan White wrote:
Davycc wrote:
Selby White wrote:
LAsouthcoast wrote:Try a Sudoku ..
:lol: :clap:
FFS not another Japanese midfielder linked !!
He'll just be there to make up for numbers. :D
GGrooaaann
That was my first post since being away from this site since the home game against Birmingham at the start of last season, nice to back people appreciate the banter :thumbup: :lol:
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

Norwood interest is because of the injury to Adam Foreshaw I reckon. The Stoke result has given Radz the confidence to go for it as there is no doubt Stoke are fancied to win promotion this season.
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

De Bock has left the building
Winner of the Europa League