2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Hmm, that's all we need on this thread, cheers.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

PhoenixUnited wrote:Well, well, well! Quell surprise!!
:o

I know that Andrea Radrizzani has already said that the Club had no choice but to push Vieira out the door to get Bamford in indicating that the coffers were empty and Angus Kinnear has also said yesterday or the day before that we were unlikely to be doing any business before the transfer deadline (confirming we have no dosh?) but might be looking to do something by way of a loan deal or two by the end of the month.
:roll:

So God Bless Victor Orta!! He has been in left in the background of late :silent: but he seems to have pulled a couple of rabbits out of the hat!

It seems that there are a couple of players that did not get much playing time in the recent World Cup are at Thorp Arch and booked in for medicals this morning with a view to putting pen to paper before the transfer window shuts. It’s all a bit cloak and dagger (or is it smoke and mirrors?) but the players concerned are Jus Tuprenku and Nobelivo Juan Iota.
:angel:

As if that was not enough, the story is that we will get in Denada Nokandoo before the loan window is closed at the end of the month.

HAPPY DAYS :lol:

I have a strange feeling of déjà vu which I am not sure about but let’s not worry!

Bring on Derby County
I've not heard or seen anything to suggest this is true pal. I still think Norwood is the most likely transfer today. Plus, there's still time for CB and ST loans.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

DominanceUK wrote:
PhoenixUnited wrote:Well, well, well! Quell surprise!!
:o

I know that Andrea Radrizzani has already said that the Club had no choice but to push Vieira out the door to get Bamford in indicating that the coffers were empty and Angus Kinnear has also said yesterday or the day before that we were unlikely to be doing any business before the transfer deadline (confirming we have no dosh?) but might be looking to do something by way of a loan deal or two by the end of the month.
:roll:

So God Bless Victor Orta!! He has been in left in the background of late :silent: but he seems to have pulled a couple of rabbits out of the hat!

It seems that there are a couple of players that did not get much playing time in the recent World Cup are at Thorp Arch and booked in for medicals this morning with a view to putting pen to paper before the transfer window shuts. It’s all a bit cloak and dagger (or is it smoke and mirrors?) but the players concerned are Jus Tuprenku and Nobelivo Juan Iota.
:angel:

As if that was not enough, the story is that we will get in Denada Nokandoo before the loan window is closed at the end of the month.

HAPPY DAYS :lol:

I have a strange feeling of déjà vu which I am not sure about but let’s not worry!

Bring on Derby County
I've not heard or seen anything to suggest this is true pal. I still think Norwood is the most likely transfer today. Plus, there's still time for CB and ST loans.
I'm not gonna edit it or even delete it (which is what I should've done!), oh Dom, you really are daft at times :oops:
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

Sorry Dom, but...……………. :lol: :lol:
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

YEP saying Norwood is a no go:-

Oliver Norwood

The central midfielder was heavily linked with a switch to Leeds but it looks like the Whites won't be making a move.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:YEP saying Norwood is a no go:-

Oliver Norwood

The central midfielder was heavily linked with a switch to Leeds but it looks like the Whites won't be making a move.
Relieved about this. I've never been convinced by him - not technically great on the ball for a start.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Bielsa: "Usually I like to have two players for every position. From a group of 22 players, I like 18 players to have the same level. I like to have four youngsters who can improve their level and become players of the first team." #lufc
Bielsa talking about the youngsters he particularly rates at this stage: Pearce, Roberts, Shackleton, Shaughnessy. #lufc
Bielsa expects them to get a decent amount of game time this season. "You always have players missing for injuries or because they were sent off. Then, the youngsters go to the group of 18 players. To be in that group means you can play."
Bielsa says he accepts the point of view that 22 players might be a thin squad in the Championship. But he doesn't think 50 games is too many for a squad that size and he thinks the chance to play regularly increases the mental attitude of the players. #lufc
18 man squad: Peacock-Farrell, Ayling, Jansson, Cooper, Douglas, Phillips, Hernandez, Forshaw, Saiz, Alioski, Bamford, Blackman, Berardi, Dallas, Klich, Baker, Harrison, Roofe.
4 youngsters to make up 22: Shaughnessy, Pearce, Shackleton, Roberts
Surplus: De Bock, Anita, Bouy, O'Kane, Ideguchi, Ekuban

Hmmm... if we were to make one more signing (probably another loan before the 31st), I'd like someone fairly versatile, who can play DM, CB and possibly at FB. The immediate name which springs to mind would be trying to get Timothy Fosu-Mensah. He was at Ajax before Man United, so he'll be more than skilled enough in playing it out from the back. Alternatively, Reece Oxford from West Ham.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
zigzag
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by zigzag »

Nmecha isnt coming to us as he's gone to PNE
dlw10

Post by dlw10 »

birkybullufc wrote:I see Albert Adomah is being linked with us in the brummy press after not being offered a new contract. 15 goals last season and usually impresses against us.
Been one of my favourite players for years, would love to see him play for us.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Pennington to sign today on loan.
Winner of the Europa League