2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Barlow Boy »

Liam Cooper out for two to three weeks, Dallas and Jansson back in training.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Barlow Boy wrote:Liam Cooper out for two to three weeks, Dallas and Jansson back in training.
Going to assume Jansson will start on Sat then. Thx BB :)
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

DominanceUK wrote:
SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:Leeds agree fee for Pontus but he says he isnt going to Russia:-

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/key-l ... pting-bid/
I saw that this morning, absolute pony of an article, that would never have been true.
The UEFA transfer window has closed, only loan deals are possible now until 31st August
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

mapperleywhite wrote:
DominanceUK wrote:
SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:Leeds agree fee for Pontus but he says he isnt going to Russia:-

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/key-l ... pting-bid/
I saw that this morning, absolute pony of an article, that would never have been true.
The UEFA transfer window has closed, only loan deals are possible now until 31st August

The uefa transfer window is still open its only england that has closed the transfer window early.

The scottish window closes on friday the 31st hence why Lafferty has gone from hearts to rangers.

All the major leagues in europe can still buy players until the 31st August.
judy
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by judy »

Phil Hay - Reports in Sweden of Russian interest in Pontus Jansson. It's true that Leeds did receive a bid from Krasnodar (somewhere close to £10m). Bid was turned down.

I’ve taken this from another Leeds forum. Surely this makes more sense than accepting a bid? We are down to the bare bones including Jansson, so to sell him would be madness, imo.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

judy wrote:Phil Hay - Reports in Sweden of Russian interest in Pontus Jansson. It's true that Leeds did receive a bid from Krasnodar (somewhere close to £10m). Bid was turned down.

I’ve taken this from another Leeds forum. Surely this makes more sense than accepting a bid? We are down to the bare bones including Jansson, so to sell him would be madness, imo.
Just seen that elsewhere and its good news the Club have turned down the bid.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
SG90

Post by SG90 »

Accepting £5m for Jansson would be indefensible by Radz. For a start it's far too low and secondly it's a position we need strengthening not severely weakening even more.

Not sure Bielsa truly believes that we don't need a CB, he's just been told we won't get one. What happened to this £20m Radz was going to spend on Conte?
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

SG90 wrote:Accepting £5m for Jansson would be indefensible by Radz. For a start it's far too low and secondly it's a position we need strengthening not severely weakening even more.

According to Phil Hay the bid was around 10 mill and the Club turned it down (as per above posts).
SG90

Post by SG90 »

Selby White wrote:
SG90 wrote:Accepting £5m for Jansson would be indefensible by Radz. For a start it's far too low and secondly it's a position we need strengthening not severely weakening even more.

According to Phil Hay the bid was around 10 mill and the Club turned it down (as per above posts).
I hope that's true, but I never know anymore. The good thing is that it looks like he'll still be here in September.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

SG90 wrote:
Selby White wrote:

I hope that's true, but I never know anymore. The good thing is that it looks like he'll still be here in September.
Think we all do, one thing we cant do is stop other Clubs enquiring about players but we can hope the Club can say No.