2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
sgt_pooly
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by sgt_pooly »

Mo Eisa the latest rumour. Would prefer a punt on him over Marriott tbh. He'll be a lot cheaper and seems more suited to the higher leagues. Would be a handy option if we sign Vydra/Hugill too.
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

sgt_pooly wrote:Mo Eisa the latest rumour. Would prefer a punt on him over Marriott tbh. He'll be a lot cheaper and seems more suited to the higher leagues. Would be a handy option if we sign Vydra/Hugill too.
We are not signing Vydra. He wants more than we are willing to pay (unless he has a complete turnaround). It seems he would prefer to stay at Derby on 30k a week rather than sign for us for roughly the same/few quid more.

Looking at both squads and recent league positions/overall ambition you have to say that Vydra is right. He would prefer a PL transfer or stay put.

I would just rather have some truth from the club rather than PR BS. Maybe they will own up that we do not have (want to spend) the money to compete once the transfer window has shut and the ST money has been counted.
sgt_pooly
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by sgt_pooly »

I don't think we can blame the club for not wanting to pay 50k a week. I can still see Vydra happening if I'm honest.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I wouldn't wanna spend that on any single player.
As soon as we do, we're off down that dodgy road again ..

It's a question of balance, as I said elsewhere ;)
rss1969

Post by rss1969 »

Just to make a point:

I am not for a second suggesting that we should pay Vydra 50k per week. No championship player is worth that kind of money.

What we should have done was have a list of players for each position and work through it, crossing off the ones that we cannot get..........you would imagine that is what Orta does?

Are the club saying that we just cannot compete for good players now so it will be loans or speculative punts.......it looks that way.
Sniffer

Post by Sniffer »

I'm wondering whether the fact that Bielsa is the coach has actually put some players off. A player with natural talent may have had it too easy so far and the thought of having to work for a living may be too much for them. I know not much about Vydra but he's getting paid stupid money to turn up and play for Derby. If he came to Leeds he'd be putting in much harder yards under Bielsa for the same-ish money.
DominanceUK

Post by DominanceUK »

On Vydra, because he knew about our interest in him and then we got Bielsa, there was also a lot of talk about promotion for us within the media etc etc - his agent probably said in his ear you can get this you can get that, especially as the top player there. He wanted money not the shirt, now we move on.
ilkley62
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by ilkley62 »

I thought i'd read somewhere that we are prepared to break our previous wage structure - I wonder if the club have been shocked at the salaries that players "At the next level" are asking? If our top earners (& I'm guessing here) are on 15k - 20k a week bringing someone in on 50k is not going to happen without a new owner
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

Sky Sports Premier League

Verified account

@SkySportsPL

Pep Guardiola says Manchester City are yet to decide whether youngsters like Phil Foden and Brahim Diaz will leave on loan https://t.co/SlgKszmvZp
whitedancer
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by whitedancer »

basically we got the same side, that showed relegation form since Christmas ,3 wins from 15, something like that
and 2 of them were fortunate.
I think we may have a team of pantomime performers{ snow white and the 7 DWARFS springs to mind ;) }
at this moment in time ,I'm just looking for 3 teams worse then us, found Rotherham so far.
weve got a tough start, and am wondering if biesla will sill be here after 6 games,
sorry for negativity,
but cant see any light, with 2 weeks to go.
I'm going for a lie down and watch THE OPEN GOLF. :(