2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
TezzaWazzaBazza
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by TezzaWazzaBazza »

whitedancer wrote:basically we got the same side, that showed relegation form since Christmas ,3 wins from 15, something like that
and 2 of them were fortunate.
I think we may have a team of pantomime performers{ snow white and the 7 DWARFS springs to mind ;) }
at this moment in time ,I'm just looking for 3 teams worse then us, found Rotherham so far.
weve got a tough start, and am wondering if biesla will sill be here after 6 games,
sorry for negativity,
but cant see any light, with 2 weeks to go.
I'm going for a lie down and watch THE OPEN GOLF. :(
Ayling back is a huge plus, and we'll have Forshaw from the start, with, I hope, Klich and Baker. We look sorted between the sticks. Further up front is more of a worry. It's not enough for Alioski to work hard, he has to produce the goods. Maybe Roberts will make an appearance if we all click our heels. The squad is sparse in key areas for sure.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

sgt_pooly wrote:Mo Eisa the latest rumour. Would prefer a punt on him over Marriott tbh. He'll be a lot cheaper and seems more suited to the higher leagues. Would be a handy option if we sign Vydra/Hugill too.
It's being reported that Eisa is going to Bristol City.
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

MOT1964 wrote:
sgt_pooly wrote:Mo Eisa the latest rumour. Would prefer a punt on him over Marriott tbh. He'll be a lot cheaper and seems more suited to the higher leagues. Would be a handy option if we sign Vydra/Hugill too.
That leaves us with Hugill. Another loan and by far the worse goals per game ratio of all the strikers we have been linked with. Poor injury record to boot.

I think I would rather give Dalby a go in the squad.
DominanceUK

Post by DominanceUK »

rss1969 wrote:
MOT1964 wrote:
That leaves us with Hugill. Another loan and by far the worse goals per game ratio of all the strikers we have been linked with. Poor injury record to boot.

I think I would rather give Dalby a go in the squad.
False promises but we're used to that being Leeds fans. I can see desperate signings coming in over the horizon.
bedfordwhites
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by bedfordwhites »

Where are the signings? Surely another centre half & Forward must be on the way, looking very thin in these areas.What formation are we going to be playing this season? Getting slightly concerned on lack of transfer activity. Get the cheque book out if we want to be challenging this season. MOT.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Brazilian media linking us with Diego Polenta. Uruguayan CB/LB available on a free after deciding to leave Nacional.
http://sportwitness.co.uk/leeds-united- ... ly-player/
http://the72.co.uk/110625/leeds-united- ... ng-summer/
Watching comps of him on YouTube, he'll either be another Bellusci or what Bellusci tries to be think/thinks he is.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
MOT1964

Post by MOT1964 »

rss1969 wrote:I would just rather have some truth from the club rather than PR BS. Maybe they will own up that we do not have (want to spend) the money to compete once the transfer window has shut and the ST money has been counted.
Agreed.

Rumours are that we are losing money (no idea why or how :?), and that one of our so called stars (there aren't many) will have to be sold to fund any incoming players :(
DominanceUK

Post by DominanceUK »

MOT1964 wrote:
rss1969 wrote:I would just rather have some truth from the club rather than PR BS. Maybe they will own up that we do not have (want to spend) the money to compete once the transfer window has shut and the ST money has been counted.
Agreed.

Rumours are that we are losing money (no idea why or how :?), and that one of our so called stars (there aren't many) will have to be sold to fund any incoming players :(
Losing money? Where did you hear that from, pal? I've not heard/seen anything to suggest we are losing money.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

SiMamu wrote:Brazilian media linking us with Diego Polenta. Uruguayan CB/LB available on a free after deciding to leave Nacional.
http://sportwitness.co.uk/leeds-united- ... ly-player/
http://the72.co.uk/110625/leeds-united- ... ng-summer/
Watching comps of him on YouTube, he'll either be another Bellusci or what Bellusci tries to be think/thinks he is.
This was also mentioned on talksport but it is very doubtful as apparently he isnt interested in coming to England.
Not keen on stereotypes but very much think Uruguayans have a different outlook to Italians so very much doubt he would be like Bellusci.

Strange country Uruguay have always punched above their weight in World football. Smallest country (3.5 million) in football mad South America yet usually come out in the top three.
Super defence and team ethic in the World Cup and apparently Polenta nearly made the squad. He also captained Nacional to the Uruguayan title I believe.

From what I've seen its a nation that are fitness mad, young people seem to spend most of their time in fitness parks (they are everywhere).

As said earlier doubtful if he will come here but I for one would love him to, just gut feeling he would be what our defence needs. Workrate, skill, team ethic, determination, etc.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
MOT1964

Post by MOT1964 »

DominanceUK wrote:
MOT1964 wrote:
Losing money? Where did you hear that from, pal? I've not heard/seen anything to suggest we are losing money.
It came from Twitter, which is why I started the sentence with 'rumours'.

However it was posted by Mike Thornton, who is not your typical ITK fantasist on that site, and normally only states facts.
MikeT/AdrianTeakdesk
‏@Mike_J_Thornton

The club does need the money. We are lossmaking and although P&L losses are within limits we need to replace cash lost every year. Our funding model includes some player sales.

Agree Bielsa decides who goes unless player wants out. Some surprises coming!