2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Barlow Boy »

Confirmation from the club, that Pontus is out for 3 weeks.....

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... ury-update
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

Barlow Boy wrote:Confirmation from the club, that Pontus is out for 3 weeks.....

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... ury-update
Typical, we get Beradi back and someone else gets injured, Bielsa hasn't had a full squad to pick from all season. It's something stupid like 4.5 players missing per game on average, just imagine where we'd be in the table without all the injuries.
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Confirmed that Kiko will be banned for one game, no appeal will be made.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

For me i would play Phillips back there instead of Beradi. I don't think Millwall will have much of the ball, but they will be looking to put it in the box at every opportunity when they do. Not sure who replaces Phillips tho. I know we did well without him at the start of the season, but always a big loss for me PJ. I hope his rehabilitation goes to plan.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:For me i would play Phillips back there instead of Beradi. I don't think Millwall will have much of the ball, but they will be looking to put it in the box at every opportunity when they do. Not sure who replaces Phillips tho. I know we did well without him at the start of the season, but always a big loss for me PJ. I hope his rehabilitation goes to plan.
I think Bielsa will opt for Berardi at right-back and put Ayling in the middle OR Berardi in for Jansson straight swap. Hate international breaks even more now :roll:
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

It'll be Berardi at CB. Peacock-Farrell in goal. Just like in the first month or two of the season. I'm confident in both replacements' abilities to step in.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

I'd actually play Shackleton in Ayling's OR Phillips position, with one of them filling in for PJ.Hhe can do either comfortably, deserves a chance IMO.
superfox
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by superfox »

Maybe Forshaw will be fit for the game, and he could play in Phillips' current position, but I hope it will be Berardi, Phillips is better in midfield.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Barry Douglas out for two to three months, with medial ligament damage.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Barlow Boy wrote:Barry Douglas out for two to three months, with medial ligament damage.
A real shame. Even though he's been pretty inconsistent for the second half of the season he's an calm head with very recent experience of promotion, and the psychological impact of having a fully fit squad by the time Birmingham came around would've been handy.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’