2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Leonickroberts wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Barry Douglas out for two to three months, with medial ligament damage.
A real shame. Even though he's been pretty inconsistent for the second half of the season he's an calm head with very recent experience of promotion, and the psychological impact of having a fully fit squad by the time Birmingham came around would've been handy.
I did think his injury looked bad late in the game but then somehow he carried on, albeit sluggishly, and managed to put in a perfect cross for Ayling's goal, I think it was. Bad news for the lad, I hope he gets his chance for Prem football with us!
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
Leonickroberts wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Barry Douglas out for two to three months, with medial ligament damage.
A real shame. Even though he's been pretty inconsistent for the second half of the season he's an calm head with very recent experience of promotion, and the psychological impact of having a fully fit squad by the time Birmingham came around would've been handy.
I did think his injury looked bad late in the game but then somehow he carried on, albeit sluggishly, and managed to put in a perfect cross for Ayling's goal, I think it was. Bad news for the lad, I hope he gets his chance for Prem football with us!
Yep - played through the pain of what turns out to be a pretty serious injury. That cross might prove very important come the end of the season!
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
superfox
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by superfox »

So we couldn't have a fully fit squad whole season. This is depressing, especially because Douglas just started to show why he was signed. So we have Alioski then or Dallas at left back.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Not fussed at all about this : Alioski's made the position his own and covers as much ground as Roberto Carlos, meaning whoever plays in front of him is more of an inside forward than any kind of winger, which allows all sorts of angles when attacking.

He's become one of the most important players in the squad and would be in line for player of the season if he'd been put there from the off.
yorkfan
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by yorkfan »

rigger wrote:Not fussed at all about this : Alioski's made the position his own and covers as much ground as Roberto Carlos, meaning whoever plays in front of him is more of an inside forward than any kind of winger, which allows all sorts of angles when attacking.

He's become one of the most important players in the squad and would be in line for player of the season if he'd been put there from the off.

It's all the more surprising when you consider that he's been starring for Macedonia in that position. :wtf:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Yeah, I knew when we signed him that's where he plays for them, but he was brought in more as a forward IIRC.

So long as HE doesn't get injured, I'm not worried :D
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Alioski needs to improve his defending and his marking but I've no issues with him there, he has been exceptional at times this season, phenomenal work rate.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Games missed by injured # LUFC players this season: 1 - B Peacock-Farrell 1 - J Harrison 3 - P Jansson 6 - J Clarke 7 - L Ayling 7 - P Hernandez 8 - L Cooper 13 - K Roofe 14 - A Forshaw 19 - B Douglas 21 - S Dallas 22 - P Bamford 24 - G Berardi. They're 2nd in the league.
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Otherworld »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:Games missed by injured # LUFC players this season: 1 - B Peacock-Farrell 1 - J Harrison 3 - P Jansson 6 - J Clarke 7 - L Ayling 7 - P Hernandez 8 - L Cooper 13 - K Roofe 14 - A Forshaw 19 - B Douglas 21 - S Dallas 22 - P Bamford 24 - G Berardi. They're 2nd in the league.
...Brown - 38.9
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Otherworld wrote:
SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:Games missed by injured # LUFC players this season: 1 - B Peacock-Farrell 1 - J Harrison 3 - P Jansson 6 - J Clarke 7 - L Ayling 7 - P Hernandez 8 - L Cooper 13 - K Roofe 14 - A Forshaw 19 - B Douglas 21 - S Dallas 22 - P Bamford 24 - G Berardi. They're 2nd in the league.
...Brown - 38.9
Yes it doesnt include Brown,Shackleton,Pearce and any other under 23 who has played in the 1st team.