2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by rss1969 »

What this might do is get Pablo & Klich looking to get into the box more. They are probably our best finishers. Nothing wrong with the goals coming from all over the pitch.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Need to keep Bamford fit and think we'll be ok.

Said it earlier I'm not convinced with Roofe & Bamford playing together, think they make similar runs.
For me its one or the other.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
TezzaWazzaBazza
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by TezzaWazzaBazza »

rss1969 wrote:This is a blow.

I was advocating that Roofe be dropped for Roberts though as I do not think Roofe is good playing behind another striker.

Trouble is, Bamford, Roberts & Brown (if fully fit would be our best no10) have all had big injuries in the last 12 months. We need a bit of luck with injuries from here on in.
This is my worry. It's the attackers with a little extra that will win us games.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Will Huffer recalled from his loan spell at Barnet....

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9605420
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

I increasingly really wish we'd signed Dan James. The phenomenal goal he scored the other day for Swansea in the cup showed both his raw pace and finishing, and how well he'd fit into our team. Think he'd really have made a difference in the run-in.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Leonickroberts wrote:I increasingly really wish we'd signed Dan James. The phenomenal goal he scored the other day for Swansea in the cup showed both his raw pace and finishing, and how well he'd fit into our team. Think he'd really have made a difference in the run-in.
Have a feeling we will be back for him in the summer.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
dunlop
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by dunlop »

in ref to Dan James i hope i'm wrong , but i have a feeling that we will not be alone in wanting him , i think we may have missed or oppotunity.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

dunlop wrote:in ref to Dan James i hope i'm wrong , but i have a feeling that we will not be alone in wanting him , i think we may have missed or oppotunity.
We didn't miss an opportunity though mate, Swansea showed a lack of 'good faith' in their treatment of the player or us as the agreed buying side.
dunlop
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by dunlop »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
dunlop wrote:in ref to Dan James i hope i'm wrong , but i have a feeling that we will not be alone in wanting him , i think we may have missed or oppotunity.
We didn't miss an opportunity though mate, Swansea showed a lack of 'good faith' in their treatment of the player or us as the agreed buying side.
agreed , but I still think that other teams will probably be in for him now , so unless he has set his heart on leeds we may have a battle to get him , I guess time will tell?
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

dunlop wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:
agreed , but I still think that other teams will probably be in for him now , so unless he has set his heart on leeds we may have a battle to get him , I guess time will tell?
I guess it will still depend on promotion or not. If we don't go up then it probably wont happen. That's what the deal was anyway.