2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 728

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Sniffer wrote:
CorkWhite wrote:
PC71 wrote:Southampton manager Ralph Hasenhuttl is interested in Leeds United's English winger Jack Clarke, 18. (Mirror)
For all those sad and redundant clubs out there who can't muster a proper academy together leave our bloody young guns alone.
To be fair to Southampton they've got (or had, I can't claim to be an expert, Rigger can probably confirm) a cracking academy. They were virtually a feeder club for Arsenal a few years back.

They do indeed - one of the finest in the country when you think about the talent that's come through.

It's a Level 1 Academy too, which means they can poach youngsters from other clubs.
Not sure we're at that level ourselves yet, so technically theirs is better than ours, allegedly, though I'm more than happy with what we're doing ourselves.
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Sniffer wrote:
CorkWhite wrote:
PC71 wrote:Southampton manager Ralph Hasenhuttl is interested in Leeds United's English winger Jack Clarke, 18. (Mirror)
For all those sad and redundant clubs out there who can't muster a proper academy together leave our bloody young guns alone.
To be fair to Southampton they've got (or had, I can't claim to be an expert, Rigger can probably confirm) a cracking academy. They were virtually a feeder club for Arsenal a few years back.
Sadly that's all we are nowadays is a feeder club. Parity will be restored once again when we are in the Premiership. Not saying that Southampton are a bad club or anything like that, and in truth i know very little about their academy to be fair and yes Rigger would know more about it indeed as he's from that area and attends games at Southampton. My comment was geared at many teams who are in the lower end of the premiership year on year or those who just go up from the Championship who think they can do a Norwich and take half our team for peanuts. I genuinely hope those days are passed us and we manage to hand onto the Clarke's and other emerging players from the academy. It's really down to Radz and the board and how we manage to balance the books i guess. But if we do sell any of them we should really hold out for a fee that is an offer we couldn't refuse range of 100 million or more. Excessive i know, but if others manage to hold out for a higher price should we be any different? I think not.
Deleted User 5081

rigger wrote:
Sniffer wrote:
CorkWhite wrote:

They do indeed - one of the finest in the country when you think about the talent that's come through.

It's a Level 1 Academy too, which means they can poach youngsters from other clubs.
Not sure we're at that level ourselves yet, so technically theirs is better than ours, allegedly, though I'm more than happy with what we're doing ourselves.
I was probably in the middle of typing my reply to Sniffer and you posted. As i acknowledged with Sniffer I agreed with you knowing more about Southampton's academy than i do. Thanks for clearing up that. :thumbup:
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

rigger wrote:
Sniffer wrote:
CorkWhite wrote:

The categories aren't based on ranking, just how much money you have. Heavily biased in favour of PL clubs so they can poach on the cheap. Are we meant to believe Stoke and Brighton have better academies than us? Who have they produced?
SG90

Post by SG90 »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... ssion=true

David Anderson is quite itk when it comes to Leeds, so let's hope this is the club's stance.
SG90

Post by SG90 »

Clarke would immediately be worth £30m+ after a few games in the PL, so selling him now would be the most ridiculous thing we've ever done.
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

SG90 wrote:Clarke would immediately be worth £30m+ after a few games in the PL, so selling him now would be the most ridiculous thing we've ever done.
I get your point SG and fully agree that we only sell Clarke for insane money.

I doubt it would get into the top 10 of the most ridiculous things we have ever done though! :D
Deleted User 5081

rss1969 wrote:
SG90 wrote:Clarke would immediately be worth £30m+ after a few games in the PL, so selling him now would be the most ridiculous thing we've ever done.
I get your point SG and fully agree that we only sell Clarke for insane money.

I doubt it would get into the top 10 of the most ridiculous things we have ever done though! :D
But it really has to be insane to let him go on the cheap like we have done in the past. We are in a position to say go and find a pair now being top of the league, If they come with a 10 million transfer fee then tell them go and find another pair of balls. I'm Sorry if my language is a little curt or over the top but surely real Leeds fans also must be sick to death of the fees we rake in for excellent talents we produce.

Howson went for what 5-6 million when he was on fire for us. he has never produced the same quality for anyone else. I understand the players make the choice to go elsewhere but in reality the club owner must also take a strict stance too. we have been long admired by premiership clubs for being far too easy. Radz is a good owner in many respects but i do have a doubt about his will to put a fight up for the best players we have. especially the young guns who really do have a huge future ahead of them if they stick with us. Not being funny but if he goes to Southampton, i will see that as once again selling to someone less than ourselves. If its Liverpool or a really big club like Real Madrid i will understand because they are top quality and i have a huge respect for them both even if i hate Liverpool personally, they are bigger by far than we ever have been and have a far richer history and culture of football than we have at present.

Reality Check = You sell your best talents you are oblivious to a future.
Sell the young talents then you will remain a Crewe Alexander who also have an excellent level of producing top quality youth players. I have never bought into the selling of quality players and never will. If you can't balance your books from the atmosphere of the fans then sell the club to someone who can. If Radz needs to sell our top talent every year then he is no better than Bates or Cellino IMO just because he bought back the stadium gives him no advantage over anyone else. That's a fact. Some will argue till the blue moon come out against me but the reality is we are a championship side until we get promoted, you sell your best up and coming players expect to remain a championship or worse club.

I will always Champion for our good talents and want to keep them. I will have those conservative fans who think radz is our savior and in some respects he has been compared to the dredge we have had over the past 15 years. Come on guys wake up and smell the xxxxxxxx roses. If we sell Clarke we are consigning ourselves to Championship football again no matter how much is offered. I have heard 10 million and seen it on many websites already. this is complete garbage money he is worth more than 200 million to us as it stands. (stop laughing okay) if we get promoted with him that is what we will earn and more. This kid along with a few others from the academy are far better than even our first team players. I just hope they are not cannon fodder to Radz.

Edited for offensive language
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Clarke won't go now, why would he? other than money...he his still very raw and needs first team development. Its always a risk moving to the PL and then you end up losing confidence and slipping down the pecking order (its a jump up in terms of quality) he needs to be joining a team who likes to express their football and are not fighting a relegation dogfight imo. If we don't go up, and if he gets a massive financial package put in front of him, he and the club will atleast have the summer to think things over.

Lets hope this keeper turns out to be a shrewd move. A bit more experience will help push BPF along in the fight for the no1 jersey.
kk white

Post by kk white »

Did anyone from the club actually say he was being sold or it was being considered?

It's just the usual 'interest' from other clubs as far as I can see. That happens to most players, even the sh1t ones :crazy:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay