2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by DominanceUK »

It's pretty simple regarding Jansson and the link with WB. If he were to leave to go there then it's money orientated and nothing else, they're not a bigger club than Leeds and with all due respect, probably never will be. Before all that though, they are only rumours.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

trig338 wrote:WBA wants to pair Bartley with Jansson. And Jansson's personal goal is EPL so it makes sense. But not for Leeds. Utter disaster.

Is £10million a decent fee?
https://www.teamtalk.com/news/west-brom ... nder-nears
Given he still has 4 years left on his contract then £10m is not a decent fee, my view it would have to be £20m.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

DominanceUK wrote:It's pretty simple regarding Jansson and the link with WB. If he were to leave to go there then it's money orientated and nothing else, they're not a bigger club than Leeds and with all due respect, probably never will be. Before all that though, they are only rumours.
What about ambition? Were not showing much as of yet. Hasn't PJ always stated he his happy at Leeds providing the club show some ambition in the transfer market. Its still early days you could say regarding transfers, but in all honesty i expected to see more players arrive than Tom Baker. Who? Ask Dr Orta.
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

DominanceUK wrote:It's pretty simple regarding Jansson and the link with WB. If he were to leave to go there then it's money orientated and nothing else, they're not a bigger club than Leeds and with all due respect, probably never will be. Before all that though, they are only rumours.
But they will have a proper go at getting back into the PL. We have not funded a promotion push since we were relegated.

Why should Jansson or anyone else hang around whilst we dig in the bargain bucket once again?

This has been said many times but Howson, Delph, Taylor, Wood, Rose, Snodgrass, Lewis Cook etc all went on to play PL football whilst we languish in this division.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I must admit it's all getting a bit frustrating with the lack of transfer activity. I can only think Bielsa's initial brief is to look at the players we have & if he thinks they need moving on. There's a distinct lack of ambition been shown at the moment & with Radz in Russia at the moment it doesn't look like any new players coming in the near future.
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Phil Hay

Blackman can't be far away. Does look like that will go ahead.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

I agree NW its baffling really. What's happened to the lad from Hull? Does he won't to come or not? Most of us called for 5/6 solid players. All i have been reading (admittedly in the YEP) is that we maybe have the finance for 1 expensive signing only. :crazy: Lets be honest here if AR is not willing to back our most expensive coach in history, then why go after him?

Lets hope that Bartley, Vidra and Hernandez will all be unveiled on the same day. No, i'm not talking about West Brom. Leeds
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

This is the World that belongs to us Leeds fans is it not?

At this time of the year we are at the bus stop waiting, looking at our watches, wondering and anxiously waiting for our ride to turn up and take us to the Promised Land. We are on a promise that it is on the way with all sorts of bells and whistles with improvements to the previous model's specification accompanied with a new driver.........

The excuse is that the Bus owner is out of town in some foreign land and has left the minions in charge with an instruction not to make a mess and not to couch anything. Oh and he's not left his credit card behind.

The rides to the Promised Land start in 3 weeks and all I can do is wait and hope as I ever do. Some might suggest that we need to be patient but all I know is that I am tired of all this. Maybe this time around?

:roll: :think:
Keep The Faith / WAL
zigzag
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by zigzag »

Not sure what to make on another Jansson story in the Swedish press, might be another lost in translation one, but I do think his camp now need to stop these leaks to the press in Sweden, they do not help his case
leeds1970
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by leeds1970 »

PhoenixUnited wrote:This is the World that belongs to us Leeds fans is it not?

At this time of the year we are at the bus stop waiting, looking at our watches, wondering and anxiously waiting for our ride to turn up and take us to the Promised Land. We are on a promise that it is on the way with all sorts of bells and whistles with improvements to the previous model's specification accompanied with a new driver.........

The excuse is that the Bus owner is out of town in some foreign land and has left the minions in charge with an instruction not to make a mess and not to couch anything. Oh and he's not left his credit card behind.

The rides to the Promised Land start in 3 weeks and all I can do is wait and hope as I ever do. Some might suggest that we need to be patient but all I know is that I am tired of all this. Maybe this time around?

:roll: :think:

Cracking post and well worded :)Sums it all up .