2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by PhoenixUnited »

At the back I rate Ayling and Jansson (if he remains with us- something that is never certain at this time of year) decent at this level. After that there is nothing at all that inspires confidence IMHO. Calamity Cooper as Captain, if he gets the role this season would beggar belief. :o :shock: :lolno:

We just have to wait and see.

My anxiety levels are starting to rise rapidly. Again :sick:
Keep The Faith / WAL
Shadwell White
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Shadwell White »

rss1969 wrote:
SiMamu wrote:
rss1969 wrote:What about a CB................we actually need 2 of those!
I think Bielsa sees Berardi as a CB option - particularly as he offers little offensively at full back. Regardless, perhaps the FB will be capable of playing CB as Bielsa likes to play FBs at CB as he views them as better in possession.
Yoy may well be right Si.

Problem with that is the amount of set pieces and crosses into our box that we are going to have to deal with. Berardi is not tall by any means.

Our division will arguably see the most amount of the above anywhere in the world. Berardi also lacks pace and is poor in possession when under any kind of pressure (as is the inadequate Cooper).

We once again looked a small team last night and we were thoroughly bullied physically in general pay and in our own box from crosses last season.

If Bielsa has watched so many videos of this league and is as astute as he is made out to be, this will be a massive oversight.

i think this is why we've signed a 6'7" keeper
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Shadwell White wrote:
rss1969 wrote:
SiMamu wrote:
rss1969 wrote:What about a CB................we actually need 2 of those!
I think Bielsa sees Berardi as a CB option - particularly as he offers little offensively at full back. Regardless, perhaps the FB will be capable of playing CB as Bielsa likes to play FBs at CB as he views them as better in possession.
Yoy may well be right Si.

Problem with that is the amount of set pieces and crosses into our box that we are going to have to deal with. Berardi is not tall by any means.

Our division will arguably see the most amount of the above anywhere in the world. Berardi also lacks pace and is poor in possession when under any kind of pressure (as is the inadequate Cooper).

We once again looked a small team last night and we were thoroughly bullied physically in general pay and in our own box from crosses last season.

If Bielsa has watched so many videos of this league and is as astute as he is made out to be, this will be a massive oversight.

i think this is why we've signed a 6'7" keeper
I think similarly. Theoretically, we will attempt to keep possession and win the ball high up the pitch, keeping our opponents as far away from our box as possible and from us conceding set pieces. Whilst also hoping our towering GK will claim anything that comes in.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
TezzaWazzaBazza
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by TezzaWazzaBazza »

In theory we'll keep possession, but only.if we have the players to do that. A goalie can't reach everything. We need a centre back for sure. I really, really hope were not going to waste another season trying to make do, it's a false economy.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

SiMamu wrote:
Brentford FC‏Verified account @BrentfordFC · 49m49 minutes ago
Dean has confirmed that the Club has accepted an offer from an unnamed club for Florian Jozefzoon
Personal terms and a medical have yet to be completed
Derby and us were linked with him. Derby have just signed Mount and Wilson on loan. Alan Nixon said he think it's us who have a bid accepted.

Jozefzoon is a pacey, direct winger. Got 7 goals and 7 assists for Brentford in the championship last season, starting 31 games, and being subbed on 8 times. Based on today's game I would say that a wide player, striker and CB/DM are what we still need. I'd personally be fine with Alioski, Dallas and Pearce as LB options.
Sky Sports believe it is Derby who have had a bid accepted by Brentford and not us. I hope that's not true, he would be a great addition to the squad. CB, FB, winger and a ST are vital for us. Providing they are quality additions we could go for the play-offs. If not, forget the play-offs or above.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

DominanceUK wrote:
SiMamu wrote:
Brentford FC‏Verified account @BrentfordFC · 49m49 minutes ago
Dean has confirmed that the Club has accepted an offer from an unnamed club for Florian Jozefzoon
Personal terms and a medical have yet to be completed
Derby and us were linked with him. Derby have just signed Mount and Wilson on loan. Alan Nixon said he think it's us who have a bid accepted.

Jozefzoon is a pacey, direct winger. Got 7 goals and 7 assists for Brentford in the championship last season, starting 31 games, and being subbed on 8 times. Based on today's game I would say that a wide player, striker and CB/DM are what we still need. I'd personally be fine with Alioski, Dallas and Pearce as LB options.
Sky Sports believe it is Derby who have had a bid accepted by Brentford and not us. I hope that's not true, he would be a great addition to the squad. CB, FB, winger and a ST are vital for us. Providing they are quality additions we could go for the play-offs. If not, forget the play-offs or above.
Mel Morris has said Derby have no money to spend since he decided he wasnt putting anymore money into the club, hence why they brought in Harry Wilson on loan.

Only way Derby can buy players is to sell first.

How much of this is true remains to be seen:-

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/leeds-tal ... sfer-swoop
Sniffer

Post by Sniffer »

"The source claim Bryan has previously been priced up at £10million, but his contract expires next June and Leeds may be hoping to lure the Scot for a knockdown fee."

Scot???? Born in Bristol, raised in Bristol, schooled in Bristol (the same school I went to as it happens) and he's a product of Bristol City Academy. How can he be a Scot?
Lunacy gone mad!
;)

Seriously, though, he's well thought of down here. And he already knows Luke Ayling…
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Sniffer wrote:"The source claim Bryan has previously been priced up at £10million, but his contract expires next June and Leeds may be hoping to lure the Scot for a knockdown fee."

Scot???? Born in Bristol, raised in Bristol, schooled in Bristol (the same school I went to as it happens) and he's a product of Bristol City Academy. How can he be a Scot?
Lunacy gone mad!
;)

Seriously, though, he's well thought of down here. And he already knows Luke Ayling…
The same reason Liam Cooper is Scottish but he was born in Hull.

Found this on his wiki:-

Bryan was selected by the Scotland national under-21 football team in October 2012,[16] but could not play due to a concussion he received playing for Bristol City against Leeds United.
Sniffer

Post by Sniffer »

Yes, I know. I could have qualified for Scotland as my Great-great-great Grandfather, John Campbell, was born in Dundee. He sought his fame and fortune in London in 1850 before moving to Leicestershire to make slippers.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Pete O'Rourke‏ @SportsPeteO · 54m54 minutes ago
Leeds have now matched Derby in agreeing a fee with Brentford for Florian Jozefzoon. Player is now talking to both clubs and is now his personal choice. #lufc #dcfc #BrentfordFC
Albeit not the most reliable of sources.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."