2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 728

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Deleted User 728 »

saihtam wrote:Krul is free agent currenlty, would anyone think he could the jo for us?
Tim ??
The goalie, you mean ??

Definitely.
He's an ideal signing either as a #1 or to mentor and push Bailey.

Pretty handy in a shoot-out too ;)
clarkie
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by clarkie »

20 million war chest rumoured to be handed to our new manager, I wonder if this is a straight 20 mil or the 10 million invested by our American cousins plus any money we can get in outgoing transfers . Way I see it is the only way we can get rid of some of our players would be through part exchange deals as I can,t see anyone buying them outright , would like to see Roofe And Cooper + cash for Vydra.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

clarkie wrote:20 million war chest rumoured to be handed to our new manager, I wonder if this is a straight 20 mil or the 10 million invested by our American cousins plus any money we can get in outgoing transfers . Way I see it is the only way we can get rid of some of our players would be through part exchange deals as I can,t see anyone buying them outright , would like to see Roofe And Cooper + cash for Vydra.
It will be interesting to see how this works out., I suspect it’s £10M from our ‘American Cousins’, plus £10M from AR, but I’m purely guessing.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Barlow Boy wrote:
clarkie wrote:20 million war chest rumoured to be handed to our new manager, I wonder if this is a straight 20 mil or the 10 million invested by our American cousins plus any money we can get in outgoing transfers . Way I see it is the only way we can get rid of some of our players would be through part exchange deals as I can,t see anyone buying them outright , would like to see Roofe And Cooper + cash for Vydra.
It will be interesting to see how this works out., I suspect it’s £10M from our ‘American Cousins’, plus £10M from AR, but I’m purely guessing.
I am more than positive that it will be more than this if Bielsa has his way. I reckon that the 20 million will be from both Radz and our American cousins I agree and whatever money is generated from player sales which there will be a few will also be used for the transfer kitty. Radz knows he's got a manager who will accept nothing more than to plough the resources back into the first team development from any player sales especially from the first season. It makes sense to back Bielsa all the way now that he's here. Anything less will show a sense of weakness from Radz to be honest and if were ever going to get out of this league then we have to accumulate the first team affairs above all else.

I do hope that Bielsa promotes some of the talent from the U23 squad also because we do have a throng of gems in that squad, whether they are ready for the step up is what Bielsa can decide and then mold them into a genuine squad of winners.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Barlow Boy wrote:
clarkie wrote:... I suspect it’s £10M from our ‘American Cousins’, plus £10M from AR, but I’m purely guessing.
CorkWhite wrote:... whatever money is generated from player sales which there will be a few will also be used for the transfer kitty...
Absolutely. And like most companies, if we're hearing £20M and its correct, there's most probably another £2-3M bracketed away for 'extraordinary' circumstances. I hope! :wtf:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

What's even more interesting for me is whether or not MB is allowed to pick his own transfer targets with the reported £20m. Is Orta allowed any influence with his targets? Are they working together on them? Interesting.

I must applaud Radz though, he got it wrong last season in some ways but at least he's trying to right his wrongs and staying true to his word. :clap:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

It's starting according to the YEP we are linked with Spurs youngsters Argentinan Juan Foyth & American Cameron Carter-Vickers, who had a successful loan spell at Sheffield United last season
Winner of the Europa League
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:It's starting according to the YEP we are linked with Spurs youngsters Argentinan Juan Foyth & American Cameron Carter-Vickers, who had a successful loan spell at Sheffield United last season
They both look decent players but Foyth has played no senior football of note whilst the other lad played 32 games at this level last season. If we are going down this route then we need to make sure that the loans are real potential quality similar to Brighton, Hudds & Fulham in recent times.

Hopefully Clarke, Machuca Rey & Dalby will get a chance as well.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

As long as we don't spend our 20m on six or seven players.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 2988

Post by Deleted User 2988 »

Have to admit, I'd be really disappointed if we spent all that time courting Bielsa just to bring in a load of loans via his contacts. I'm not adverse to a couple if they're genuine quality (and preferably with options to buy if we're promoted etc!) but if a team full of loans is Radz's idea of supporting Bielsa, I wouldn't be particularly impressed.

I know there are occasions where loans can work out really well, but I've never been a big fan. I'd rather just use a youth team player in all honesty. Obviously, if there's an option-to-buy, I'm fine with that. Try before you buy, makes sense. If it's just a loan deal though, the player could be a huge success (a la Bartley) which we then need to replace the following season, or a massive, underwhelming failure (like a good 90% of all loan players we've had since 2003).