2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Davycc »

kiwi wrote:Have to admit, I'd be really disappointed if we spent all that time courting Bielsa just to bring in a load of loans via his contacts. I'm not adverse to a couple if they're genuine quality (and preferably with options to buy if we're promoted etc!) but if a team full of loans is Radz's idea of supporting Bielsa, I wouldn't be particularly impressed.

I know there are occasions where loans can work out really well, but I've never been a big fan. I'd rather just use a youth team player in all honesty. Obviously, if there's an option-to-buy, I'm fine with that. Try before you buy, makes sense. If it's just a loan deal though, the player could be a huge success (a la Bartley) which we then need to replace the following season, or a massive, underwhelming failure (like a good 90% of all loan players we've had since 2003).
I get what you're saying but how many loan players have we signed that ended up under performing ?
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

According to BILD in Germany, Wiedwald will have his contract cancelled shortly and then join Frankfurt on a free.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

SiMamu wrote:According to BILD in Germany, Wiedwald will have his contract cancelled shortly and then join Frankfurt on a free.
I wish the lad well to be honest. He needs a bit of luck to go his way for once. Sadly it didn't work for him here because he flopped just like he did in the team before Leeds, Werder Bremen I think it was
Deleted User 5081

kiwi wrote:Have to admit, I'd be really disappointed if we spent all that time courting Bielsa just to bring in a load of loans via his contacts. I'm not adverse to a couple if they're genuine quality (and preferably with options to buy if we're promoted etc!) but if a team full of loans is Radz's idea of supporting Bielsa, I wouldn't be particularly impressed.

I know there are occasions where loans can work out really well, but I've never been a big fan. I'd rather just use a youth team player in all honesty. Obviously, if there's an option-to-buy, I'm fine with that. Try before you buy, makes sense. If it's just a loan deal though, the player could be a huge success (a la Bartley) which we then need to replace the following season, or a massive, underwhelming failure (like a good 90% of all loan players we've had since 2003).
I think there should be a focus on developing our own players and not other teams players because as you rightly said, these loan players will have to be replaced once they leave. The value is not added to our team but theirs. I've never been a fan of loaning in players and with Orta's U23's I am sure some of them could step up this season under the guidance of Bielsa and his troop of coaches.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

SiMamu wrote:According to BILD in Germany, Wiedwald will have his contract cancelled shortly and then join Frankfurt on a free.
Free? Bugger that. Surely someone will pay a few quid for him... No smart replies please :D
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

kk_white wrote:
Free? Bugger that. Surely someone will pay a few quid for him... No smart replies please :D
The amount of money wasted is shocking, they’re will be more like Wiedwald too.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
sgt_pooly
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by sgt_pooly »

3 quality signings and 3 quality loans could really revamp our current squad....exciting times.
Deleted User 5081

sgt_pooly wrote:3 quality signings and 3 quality loans could really revamp our current squad....exciting times.
Honestly i believe we have some good players that need someone to give them the impetus to push on and i believe Bielsa will do that, We do need a minimum of 5 players which are bought and not loaned and then supplement the team with U23 players and develop them instead of loaned in players, If there are some quality loans brought in it can enhance the team i agree, but i would rather develop what we own ourselves first and create something special.
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

If we return to the Premiership with the help of some Man City and Spurs loan signings, I'll be delighted. Budget and workings of the Premierships would be a different ball game, let's get there first however we can and work on that challenge when we're there. I do believe if we go up, we'll stay up and start to build a squad which can challenge. Biggest one team city in the country is a huge competitive advantage and we've all seen what happens when we start to get momentum as a club. Exciting times ahead. MOT.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

kk_white wrote:
Free? Bugger that. Surely someone will pay a few quid for him...
Sadly, the only way to get rid of deadwood is to either smooth their way out of the door or keep paying them to sit on the sidelines for the remainder of their contract.
Keep The Faith / WAL