2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by SG90 »

Maybe I'm just in a bad mood atm, expecting the usual bad news. Hopefully three points tomorrow and a couple of signings next week and I'll cheer up. It's the hope that kills you, as they say.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussion

Post by PhoenixUnited »

NottinghamWhite wrote:As Phoenix says money talks, always had always will. I would be disappointed to see him go but if it's a top 6 club he'll go but at what price ? I'm also disappointed that no players have come in, yet. Let's not forget we still have Cooper, Berardi, Dallas, Brown, Douglas, Hernandez & Bamford all to come back. We should be getting experience for BPF & a replacement for Saiz, why Orta hasn't sorted this out is the most baffling thing.
Jury remains out for me as far as Victor aorta is concerned. I have no idea what exactly his job is and his output as far as first team recruitment has been what exactly?
Keep The Faith / WAL
lufctrav
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by lufctrav »

This month is the worst on the football calender, with the constant speculation that is posted in papers and websites to increase views. All it does is gets fans in a fluster over something that may not even be true.
I do believe that we need at least two in (GK & AM) but understand that with our limited resources, it isn't as simple as walking in and taking who we want.
Personally, I'll judge the window on the transfers that happen, not those that are speculated by an unreliable source.
kk white

Post by kk white »

Tweet doing the rounds that Leeds have agreed an undisclosed fee with Man City for Clarke.... BUT, I've trawled the net and can't find anything, so if you see it, don't panic yet.

Retweet was from some Adam Webster - not the footballer.

Anyone know of a reporter of that name?

Hoax I reckon.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

kk_white wrote:Tweet doing the rounds that Leeds have agreed an undisclosed fee with Man City for Clarke.... BUT, I've trawled the net and can't find anything, so if you see it, don't panic yet.

Retweet was from some Adam Webster - not the footballer.

Anyone know of a reporter of that name?

Hoax I reckon.
You will get lots of hoax shouts. I can't see them selling clarke, especially for an undisclosed fee. MB let Viera go and deferred to management in regards to Saiz going, if they sold Clarke I believe MB would walk.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

I find myself asking the same question in my head in regards to Clarke. What would Radz and the board gain from selling our best young player? The answer is nothing, zero, zilch. So, IMO, it won't happen. I can't find anything of substance to confirm even the interest of Clarke from other clubs. I'm thinking this is a load of old pony.
kk white

Post by kk white »

Agreed lads, that's why I said there was nowt on the net, just in case anyone else came across it and panicked. I did for a few seconds :sick:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Otherworld »

Well, 3 new pages of comments today, I was sure we must’ve signed someone. Sadly, it’s just 3 pages of arguing about not signing anyone! :(
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Otherworld wrote:Well, 3 new pages of comments today, I was sure we must’ve signed someone. Sadly, it’s just 3 pages of arguing about not signing anyone! :(
It's gets the post counts up towards becoming Marcelo Bielsa's Thorpe Arch bed maker, I think that's the highest?
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
SG90

Post by SG90 »

Phil Hay
@PhilHayYEP
Replying to
@mitchell_jonny
no, won’t be Forster but they will get a keeper. That’s the one they’ve been working on this week

So we should have a keeper in next week.:thumbup: