2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Davycc »

Yes indeed, good call Rigger, people can't be "set upon" for posting a calmly put thought on a subject.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Karolkarol
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by Karolkarol »

Interesting comments from Dan James's agent

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... eal-final/
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

I am not fussed with the James deal at all. He might be one for the future but it is not what we require right now.

I am annoyed and embarrassed on his behalf though.

We all call for loyalty from players but that poor kid was left by Swansea at someone else's football club.........probably sat in our club jersey waiting to be pictured with pen in hand and club official sat next to him. He then heard nothing until he was told that he would have to go home still a player of a team that clearly felt the need to sell him to the highest bidder.

Look at the business that West Brom have done.........3 players who would walk in to any championship squad secured, all on loan. I know people will say that money does not guarantee success but the scales have certainly tipped heavily in their favour for automatic promotion now.

I know I have said it enough but if we do not go up it will be down to our poor loan signings this season.
Gilford_NI_Whites
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Gilford_NI_Whites »

Davycc wrote:Yes indeed, good call Rigger, people can't be "set upon" for posting a calmly put thought on a subject.
Can I add, other forum users are also going through terrible times. A bit of sensitivity in refrencing illness etc would go a long way. Good to see action taken to prevent further offence.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Well played Rigger. Just like to offer a tiny bit of advice to Swindonwhite: Mate, we are all on the same side.
I once played against Don Revie.
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

johnh wrote:Well played Rigger. Just like to offer a tiny bit of advice to Swindonwhite: Mate, we are all on the same side.

:clap: :clap:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Interesting to see James only has 18 months left on his contract.

I wonder how the lad feels this morning ?
It could go one of two ways for Swansea : either he reacts defiantly and plays out of his skin for the rest of the season to prove his worth and secure a summer move or a new contract, or he's completely demoralised and it affects his game negatively.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

My biggest concern re the Danial James fiasco is the obvious cash flow issues at LUFC and those the owner has personally. I’m not sure if James is worth £1m or £12m however this deal fell through as a result of us being unable to put cash on the table immediately rather than in the summer. Likewise Viera a player Bielsa wished to retain said he could double in value was sacrificed to shore up a short term cash flow issue.

If we fail to go up I’m afraid Clarke will be sold cheaply like Saiz and Viera was.

Radz has been a good owner and is light years ahead of many of his predessors, however his failure to find £750k immediately rather than in June could cost him £250m!
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

isrodger wrote:My biggest concern re the Danial James fiasco is the obvious cash flow issues at LUFC and those the owner has personally. I’m not sure if James is worth £1m or £12m however this deal fell through as a result of us being unable to put cash on the table immediately rather than in the summer. Likewise Viera a player Bielsa wished to retain said he could double in value was sacrificed to shore up a short term cash flow issue.

If we fail to go up I’m afraid Clarke will be sold cheaply like Saiz and Viera was.

Radz has been a good owner and is light years ahead of many of his predessors, however his failure to find £750k immediately rather than in June could cost him £250m!
I see your point but maybe thats the way Swansea what it to seem. The player stated before yesterday he wanted a move. Lets play a conspiracy theory here, Swansea said ok we're a nice club off you go we've agreed terms have a medical, best off luck son. Then they say here wait those blaggards at Leeds won't pay up you'll have to come home really really wanted you to stay you know.

We will probably never know the whole truth but it's the lad I feel for.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Aaron
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Aaron »