2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby MOT1964 » 13 May 2019, 21:15

johnh wrote:Rumour is that Daniel James is going to Man U for £15m.


Lots of discussion about this earlier on in this thread.
MOT1964
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter
 
Posts: 1354
Joined: 29 Jan 2011, 00:04

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby Nic » 14 May 2019, 08:20

johnh wrote:Rumour is that Daniel James is going to Man U for £15m.
He will go to a PL club, there is a few in the running, so don't be surprised if this is just to pressure other clubs to firm up their offer as the club owners are desperate to sell. His agent states M.U. have not made an approach, so it's all talk to get more than £10m
User avatar
Nic
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: 31 Jan 2013, 15:46

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby Leeds in Tassie » 15 May 2019, 06:02

I read that Orta has encouraged James to wait until we win the playoff final before making a decision
Leeds in Tassie
Giddy Kipper
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 01 Sep 2018, 01:40

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby Polkadot » 15 May 2019, 20:59

Rough to end the season like that, but that’s how football works.

It’s going to be a very interesting summer. Will we be able to keep our best players and our biggest talent? Will we be able to bring in new players that are actually good enough?

I fear loosing Phillips, Clarke, Shackleton, Klich and Pontus.
Polkadot
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor
 
Posts: 109
Joined: 13 Sep 2016, 11:22

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby DominanceUK » 15 May 2019, 21:13

Polkadot wrote:Rough to end the season like that, but that’s how football works.

It’s going to be a very interesting summer. Will we be able to keep our best players and our biggest talent? Will we be able to bring in new players that are actually good enough?

I fear loosing Phillips, Clarke, Shackleton, Klich and Pontus.


We don't need the cash, we're not in debt so if any of those players you've mentioned leave it will be, IMO, because they want to. I think we can easily keep these players and add to it. Interesting summer as you said, without question.
DominanceUK
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter
 
Posts: 1146
Joined: 11 Aug 2014, 16:33

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby Polkadot » 15 May 2019, 21:19

DominanceUK wrote:We don't need the cash, we're not in debt so if any of those players you've mentioned leave it will be, IMO, because they want to. I think we can easily keep these players and add to it. Interesting summer as you said, without question.

Yes, but if/when the Premier League clubs comes around, why should we believe that they will chose different from what Cook, Wood, Taylor, Byram did? Southampton, Bournemouth, Norwich etc will circle around these players like flies around fresh cow shit.
Polkadot
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor
 
Posts: 109
Joined: 13 Sep 2016, 11:22

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby Nic » 15 May 2019, 21:26

DominanceUK wrote:
Polkadot wrote:Rough to end the season like that, but that’s how football works.

It’s going to be a very interesting summer. Will we be able to keep our best players and our biggest talent? Will we be able to bring in new players that are actually good enough?

I fear loosing Phillips, Clarke, Shackleton, Klich and Pontus.


We don't need the cash, we're not in debt so if any of those players you've mentioned leave it will be, IMO, because they want to. I think we can easily keep these players and add to it. Interesting summer as you said, without question.
But we sell a player to "balance the books", so we will do so again.
User avatar
Nic
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: 31 Jan 2013, 15:46

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby Costy » 15 May 2019, 22:00

I think Philips is the only one who would truly appeal to any premier league club for next season. Pontus is too injury prone and not quick enough for prem, Klich is not at that standard and the others have hardly played. I think Kalvin will give it another season at least before stepping up a level.
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter
 
Posts: 1580
Joined: 15 Aug 2011, 09:08

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby DominanceUK » 15 May 2019, 22:11

Polkadot wrote:
DominanceUK wrote:We don't need the cash, we're not in debt so if any of those players you've mentioned leave it will be, IMO, because they want to. I think we can easily keep these players and add to it. Interesting summer as you said, without question.

Yes, but if/when the Premier League clubs comes around, why should we believe that they will chose different from what Cook, Wood, Taylor, Byram did? Southampton, Bournemouth, Norwich etc will circle around these players like flies around fresh cow shit.


I see your point, pal. However, when we sold the players you mentioned, we needed the cash. I could be completely and utterly wrong but I hope I'm not.
DominanceUK
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter
 
Posts: 1146
Joined: 11 Aug 2014, 16:33

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby superfox » 15 May 2019, 22:47

DominanceUK wrote:
Polkadot wrote:
DominanceUK wrote:We don't need the cash, we're not in debt so if any of those players you've mentioned leave it will be, IMO, because they want to. I think we can easily keep these players and add to it. Interesting summer as you said, without question.

Yes, but if/when the Premier League clubs comes around, why should we believe that they will chose different from what Cook, Wood, Taylor, Byram did? Southampton, Bournemouth, Norwich etc will circle around these players like flies around fresh cow shit.


I see your point, pal. However, when we sold the players you mentioned, we needed the cash. I could be completely and utterly wrong but I hope I'm not.

I can't see us selling Shackleton and Clarke was spectacularly regressed after his illness so don't think many teams would pay for him right now.
One of Jansson, Phillips or Roofe will go I'm afraid, but hopefully not many.
superfox
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor
 
Posts: 137
Joined: 24 Jul 2018, 20:28

PreviousNext

Return to LUFC TALK

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bremner74 and 2 guests