2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby SG90 » 20 May 2019, 11:53

We've linked with Ander Iturraspe who's now on a free. £20m+ for KP reinvested and Iturraspe on a free would not be a bad deal at all.

I'd rather sell KP than Clarke tbh. Players like that are so hard to come by, whereas we're always bringing through CMs.
Last edited by SG90 on 20 May 2019, 11:57, edited 1 time in total.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent
 
Posts: 3557
Joined: 22 Apr 2014, 19:58

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby SG90 » 20 May 2019, 11:56

rigger wrote:
SG90 wrote:
phil62 wrote:Also amazed that people are saying Bamford should go. If he's fit, he will get 30 goals next season. He is our best striker and I predict he will flourish next year - both Beckford and Becchio took a while, but came good in the end. Confidence in him is required.

Two words: Chris Wood.


I know what you're saying but I just can't see it with BamBam.

I was in full support of him a couple of months back but now I just don't think he's up to it.
He looks so .. I don't know how to describe it, really .. wishy-washy.
He's got the talent, the touch, the brain, the movement but only in fits and starts.

Actually, I know how to describe it : he's like 95% of wingers in that he's brilliant on his day but most of the time he drives you mad because he either looks disinterested or on a different wavelength to his team-mates.

Is he nasty enough ?
Is he hungry enough ?
Is he thinking about that damned cello ??

Hmm. I do think his recent form and lack of confidence is down to his injury problems more than desire or being a bad player. He has shown he's a very good player at this level.

I always thought he looked unfit at the start of the season. A proper Bielsa pre season, injury free Bamford would be league top scorer potential.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent
 
Posts: 3557
Joined: 22 Apr 2014, 19:58

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby Another Northern Soul » 20 May 2019, 12:02

rigger wrote:
SG90 wrote:
phil62 wrote:Also amazed that people are saying Bamford should go. If he's fit, he will get 30 goals next season. He is our best striker and I predict he will flourish next year - both Beckford and Becchio took a while, but came good in the end. Confidence in him is required.

Two words: Chris Wood.


I know what you're saying but I just can't see it with BamBam.

I was in full support of him a couple of months back but now I just don't think he's up to it.
He looks so .. I don't know how to describe it, really .. wishy-washy.
He's got the talent, the touch, the brain, the movement but only in fits and starts.

Actually, I know how to describe it : he's like 95% of wingers in that he's brilliant on his day but most of the time he drives you mad because he either looks disinterested or on a different wavelength to his team-mates.

Is he nasty enough ?
Is he hungry enough ?
Is he thinking about that damned cello ??


Mate of mine met Bamford's family before the game on Wednesday and he said - I've no reason to disbelieve him - that they reckoned he is still not fully fit and is scared to go in for 50-50 challenges. He genuinely looked unfit to me v Derby... if so then I wish we'd tried something else as he was very poor as mentioned on here by plenty. Wasn't his fault we lost but it was disappointing from him. We saw him possibly play his best game for us at PNE and that was because he was getting some roughhouse treatment from the defenders, he showed some spirit and guts to respond in the best way. We need that much more often next season, I think if he shows it then we've a good and important player there.
User avatar
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 5050
Joined: 01 Nov 2015, 09:55

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby TezzaWazzaBazza » 20 May 2019, 13:12

With a proper preseason, and if he can stay fit, Bamford is a definite 20 plus a season striker. His scoring rate indicates this.
TezzaWazzaBazza
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman
 
Posts: 916
Joined: 19 Jun 2014, 11:42

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby DominanceUK » 20 May 2019, 17:36

TezzaWazzaBazza wrote:With a proper preseason, and if he can stay fit, Bamford is a definite 20 plus a season striker. His scoring rate indicates this.


Perhaps. He doesn't fit into our system and how we like to play. We need a striker who can hassle the opponents defence and run the channels, get in to the areas such as the 6 yard box when the ball is delivered from out wide. He doesn't do any of this, whereas Roofe does and I would pick Roofe everyday of the week and twice on Sunday over Bamford.
DominanceUK
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: 11 Aug 2014, 16:33

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby Sovietmule » 20 May 2019, 18:37

TezzaWazzaBazza wrote:With a proper preseason, and if he can stay fit, Bamford is a definite 20 plus a season striker. His scoring rate indicates this.


I'm not convinced by Bamford and don't think his scoring rate is the indicator to judge him by.

I'd prefer to go on the goals/chances ratio because give 'em enough chances and they'll score. From what I've seen this season (and I didn't see every match, far from it) he seems to be converting around 1/3 or 1/4 which is a way off from being good enough..

Also not sure he fits particularly well with the Bielsa approach as he's maybe not mobile enough?

phil62 wrote:Phillips should have been player of the season but we are relying on his loyalty. Bielsa has transformed him into an excellent player who plays within his means.


Agree with this, he's been excellent as the pivot and I think he'll only get better. I hope he stays but money turns heads, doesn't it.
Sovietmule
Garry Monk's Speech Writer
 
Posts: 31
Joined: 16 May 2019, 17:01

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby SG90 » 20 May 2019, 18:41

KP has been excellent, however his passing percentage is very poor, his shooting is dreadful at the best of times and he still recklessly lunges in at odd times getting himself booked and sent off. I think leaving now would be a huge mistake for him. Another season under Bielsa and he can become England's number 4. Not that there's much competition mind.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent
 
Posts: 3557
Joined: 22 Apr 2014, 19:58

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby DominanceUK » 21 May 2019, 05:23

Just been looking at the players out of contract/leaving from their clubs in the PL and there's one that interests me a lot and would be a great addition... Bakary Sako. Quite unpredictable at times but can operate as a number 10 or out wide. He's a class act at this level, IMO.
DominanceUK
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: 11 Aug 2014, 16:33

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby Polkadot » 21 May 2019, 08:34

DominanceUK wrote:Just been looking at the players out of contract/leaving from their clubs in the PL and there's one that interests me a lot and would be a great addition... Bakary Sako. Quite unpredictable at times but can operate as a number 10 or out wide. He's a class act at this level, IMO.


This list includes a lot of good players: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/GB1
I think most of them are either unrealistic or too old, but I find the following names interesting:
James Milner (obviusely) Gary Cahill, Leighton Baines, Mohamed Diame & Fernando Llorente (not happening and possibly wrong type of striker, but still). Of course huge problem with salaries, so don't really believe it.

Sako have not played much first team football the last seasons and he seems to be injury prone, so I wouldn't want him joining the team.
Polkadot
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor
 
Posts: 104
Joined: 13 Sep 2016, 11:22

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby saihtam » 21 May 2019, 10:15

Polkadot wrote:
DominanceUK wrote:Just been looking at the players out of contract/leaving from their clubs in the PL and there's one that interests me a lot and would be a great addition... Bakary Sako. Quite unpredictable at times but can operate as a number 10 or out wide. He's a class act at this level, IMO.


This list includes a lot of good players: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/GB1
I think most of them are either unrealistic or too old, but I find the following names interesting:
James Milner (obviusely) Gary Cahill, Leighton Baines, Mohamed Diame & Fernando Llorente (not happening and possibly wrong type of striker, but still). Of course huge problem with salaries, so don't really believe it.

Sako have not played much first team football the last seasons and he seems to be injury prone, so I wouldn't want him joining the team.


Definetly Gunnarsson to bolster mid and experience as probably Milner would not join us this season.
He would fit very well. But afraid wages are too high and maybe some PL team will take him.
saihtam
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor
 
Posts: 174
Joined: 01 Sep 2015, 07:01

PreviousNext

Return to LUFC TALK

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests