2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
sgt_pooly
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by sgt_pooly »

That's insane money, I'm glad we didn't go for that.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

PhoenixUnited wrote:In March 2018 Angus Kinnear said

“Our objective of building a team that competes in the play-offs has not changed. We always knew that it would take time to return Leeds United to where they should be and that the journey would start by building strong foundations. “Lessons have been learned and we are excited to see the benefits of a carefully planned transfer window and pre-season.” :shifty:

Dunno about an exciting Summer. This seems no different to the Summers since we Lived the Dream :(

Back to the here and now this is the business has been done, noting that there is just 3 weeks to kick-off and preseason training is already well under way:

• In the wind: Wiedwald, Gomes, Lonegran
• Temporary Assignments: Coyle, O’Connor, Denton, Cibicki, Grot, Wilks
• On the trapdoor (should be): De Bock, Anita, O’Kane, Ekuban, Sacko, Murphy, Antonsson
• Stay or go? Don’t Know: Klich, Ideguchi
• Incoming we have on loan: Baker
For the time being Ideguchi is def "in" as he was one of them promoted to the first team group by Bielsa a few days ago.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Another Northern Soul wrote:Bielsa has said that he likes Ideguchi, AFAIK.
Sorry ONS, I just said exactly the same... I'm a bit behind and am working my way through the posts!!
baggie192
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by baggie192 »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:Seems the WBA link for Pontus is false:-

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/leeds ... ow-so-far/
A link confirming a lack of interest in Jansson from a local paper forgive the vydra stuff it's the last couple of lines

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... tej-vydra/

I do think we'll agressivly target Roofe though and the club seems willing to pay quite a bit for him. once Chadli and Rondon go
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Spoke to a colleague this morning who's an Oxford fan and he told me that Roofe started out at WBA.

I didn't know that.
Makes sense to sign him back, I guess.

£7m please :D
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

It could be the case that we see no expensive signings and we continue on being a feeder club. What can be holding up the players we are interested in? Do they happen to play for France or Croatia? Surely by now we have targets in mind, so why are we not getting them done? Transfers, wages blah blah blah.

If we have a kitty of £20m we have a kitty of £20m whats not to understand? I get the feeling that because of our wage structure (which is about mid-table i believe?) the club has to be very careful who they ask to join us.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

rigger wrote:Spoke to a colleague this morning who's an Oxford fan and he told me that Roofe started out at WBA.

I didn't know that.
Makes sense to sign him back, I guess.

£7m please :D
I'll throw a couple of pairs of my old shin pads in to seal the deal. One day Rodney..... :shifty:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:What can be holding up the players we are interested in? Do they happen to play for France or Croatia? Surely by now we have targets in mind, so why are we not getting them done?

Mate, I think you and a few other people may not be taking into consideration a few factors surrounding the scouting of the World Cup :
- Agents will have been watching matches either out there or on TV from wherever and drawn up a list of potential new clients from their viewing
- The clients could be both players and clubs either that they're already dealing with or on good terms with or they could be new talent that they fancy representing because they feel they could play to a higher standard in a different league or for a better club, etc
- They might then travel to Russia having arranged a meet-up
- They might then travel to the club having arranged a meet-up
- They might then travel to the player's existing agent or lawyer to discuss terms with them
- When the player has returned to his country, he may take a holiday delaying a meet, meaning they're now zooming across Europe/RoW for meets
.. and all this might be happening for several targets in several different countries/markets

The logistics for all this could be mindblowing and tedious, not to mention time-consuming.

It's a complicated business and most agents have dozens of players on their books at various levels and all of them want to trade upwards - and I mean the agents AND the players when I say that.

But yeah, I do agree we should see some movement in the next week :)
zigzag
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by zigzag »

Agree with the above, Im sure the hotel bars and coffee shops in Russia have been full of agents, club people etc, from around the world, just talking business whether they have players in the WC or not, I imagine its been a big meet up and talking shop for the world of football.

Hopefully see some movement soon
sgt_pooly
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by sgt_pooly »

Yet Forest have signed 8 players? ;)

In all seriousness though, we really need to start getting a few in.