2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 728

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I've always wondered what Roofe would be like in the top division .. weirdly, I think he'd be brilliant.

He's so quick off the mark and isn't really an out-and-out striker, nor a winger so he's more like one of those modern-day inside forwards, difficult to mark, who ties up a couple of defenders when he's on the ball, like a poor man's Sterling.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

I have a sneaky feeling Harry Wilson is on his way to us on loan from Liverpool. He would be a fantastic signing should it happen.
DominanceUK

Post by DominanceUK »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
I could see us offering more than £7m 9ish maybe double figures
Personally i would drive him there myself if you make a double digit offer. Not sure what the fascination is with the lad tbh. He's nowhere near consistent enough, has 1 good game and 3 bad. We still don't seem to know is best position. Lets hope your instincts prove right Baggy. We could do with the cash. :thumbup:
1 good game in 3 last season was a lot better than most of the other players could achieve. It's hard to be consistent when asked to play in different positions. I still couldn't tell you what his best position is IMO despite watching him several times last season. However, I do agree with you Vidz, if we were to receive an offer of double digits and above I would accept it in a heartbeat.
Palpatan
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Palpatan »

I think Bielsa will keep him AND get the best out of him.
sgt_pooly
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by sgt_pooly »

Apparently we bid for Fraser Forster before concluding a deal on Blackman. If that's true, it's quite ambitious.
sgt_pooly
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by sgt_pooly »

And WBA paid 7m for Bartley with add-ons, bit pricey.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

DominanceUK wrote:I have a sneaky feeling Harry Wilson is on his way to us on loan from Liverpool. He would be a fantastic signing should it happen.
Stoke were after him, so I wouldn't be surprised if they've negotiated a season long loan as part of the Shaqiri deal.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Antonsson's move to Malmo confirmed.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

SiMamu wrote:Antonsson's move to Malmo confirmed.
I’ll never forget the scenes when he scored at Sheffield Wednesday away, the place went crackers.

Good luck to him.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
DominanceUK

Post by DominanceUK »

MOT1964 wrote:
DominanceUK wrote:I have a sneaky feeling Harry Wilson is on his way to us on loan from Liverpool. He would be a fantastic signing should it happen.
Stoke were after him, so I wouldn't be surprised if they've negotiated a season long loan as part of the Shaqiri deal.
Wilson played some part of a friendly after Shaqiri signed for them, I thought the same as you but read various things about him so could be wrong, could be right :)