Player Visit to South and East Leeds Food Bank

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
johnnysmiles
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Player Visit to South and East Leeds Food Bank

Post by johnnysmiles »

Whenever we win, I find myself hoovering up as much Leeds related content as I can,,, so after beating Barnsley, while browsing LUTV I came across a video of Luke Ayling, Ronaldo Vieira, Matthew Pennington and Kemar Roofe helping out at a Food Bank in Leeds and delivering a collection of cash from the "Leeds United Football Team",

Hats off to the 4 guys giving up their time to help out and publicise a worthy cause, BUT (and I hope I'm wrong here), if you pause the video at 2'52" there's a whiteboard logging the amounts contributed by organisations and the Leeds team's contribution is £194.28!!!

Let's give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that it was just the team and not the squad or even the substitutes or manager / coaches... and divide the £194.28 by 11, and the total comes to £17.66 per player.

If you look closely, you can just about make out some of the contributions above that of LUFC... one of them is from Tesco (Seacroft) and it's for £96.34 and we all know how badly supermarket workers get paid!

I can only guess that the hat was passed round on one of the recent match days when our team was filled with the likes of BPF / Tom Pearce / Paudie O'Connor / Hugo Diaz