Leeds United, first team 2018-19

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
judy
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Re: Leeds United, first team 2018-19

Post by judy »

Sniffer wrote:
rigger wrote:
alwaysleeds wrote:Updated: June 30, 2018

Goalkeepers:
Bailey Peacock-Farrell.

Defenders:
Luke Ayling, Gaetano Berardi, Liam Cooper, Pontus Jansson, Tom Pearce.

Midfielders:
Ezgjan Alioski, Lewis Baker (loan), Stuart Dallas, Adam Forshaw, Pablo Hernandez, Kalvin Phillips, Samuel Saiz, Ronaldo Vieira.

Forwards:
Kemar Roofe.
So that's fifteen first team players as it stands.
Given we will definitely sign another goalkeeper and obviously need a couple more strikers, that would take us to 18.
The midfield looks fine - incidentally, what's happened to O'Kane ? - but defence is sorely lacking, unless O'Connor and Shaughnessy are added along with de Bock. With those three in along with O'Kane, that would bring the numbers up to 22, which is about right given MB wants everyone getting game time.
Did I miss something with an announcement ?
Is there a reason why all the players I've mentioned are not in the list posted by alwaysleeds ??

As far as I understand it, Marcelo Bielsa has had 12 players training with him. O’Kane, de Bock, Klich etc are not included in the 12 so it is assumed they do not figure in MB’s plans. It is possible that such as Klich, who was out on loan and didn’t feature in enough games for MB to have studied him, could still be involved, if MB ultimately sees something in him.
alwaysleeds
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by alwaysleeds »

And who are you? ;)

Indeed we have more than 50 professionals in the squad, but Bielsa is having an overhaul - and so far these players are the ones safe for the coming season. But in the coming weeks this will change. Indeed. :)
alwaysleeds

Post by alwaysleeds »

Sniffer wrote:
rigger wrote:

Goalkeepers:
Bailey Peacock-Farrell.

Defenders:

Midfielders:
Ezgjan Alioski, Lewis Baker (loan), Stuart Dallas, Adam Forshaw, Pablo Hernandez, Kalvin Phillips, Samuel Saiz, Ronaldo Vieira.

Forwards:
Kemar Roofe.
Given we will definitely sign another goalkeeper and obviously need a couple more strikers, that would take us to 18.
The midfield looks fine - incidentally, what's happened to O'Kane ? - but defence is sorely lacking, unless O'Connor and Shaughnessy are added along with de Bock. With those three in along with O'Kane, that would bring the numbers up to 22, which is about right given MB wants everyone getting game time.

Is there a reason why all the players I've mentioned are not in the list posted by alwaysleeds ??
To be perfectly honest it's the first time I've looked through an alwaysleeds post and not seen half-a-dozen names and gone "Who?".
:)
And who are you? ;)

Indeed we have more than 50 professionals in the squad, but Bielsa is having an overhaul - and so far these players are the ones safe for the coming season. But in the coming weeks this will change. Indeed. :)
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

alwaysleeds wrote:
Sniffer wrote:
rigger wrote:

Goalkeepers:
Bailey Peacock-Farrell.

Defenders:

Midfielders:

Forwards:
Kemar Roofe.

To be perfectly honest it's the first time I've looked through an alwaysleeds post and not seen half-a-dozen names and gone "Who?".
And who are you? ;)

Well, indeed. Who am I? A happily anonymous nobody hiding in the folds of life.

My comment wasn't a criticism of you. On the contrary, it was praising your knowledge of the playing staff and underscoring my own inadequacies as a Leeds fan. ;)
alwaysleeds

Post by alwaysleeds »

Sniffer wrote:
alwaysleeds wrote:
Sniffer wrote:
rigger wrote:

Goalkeepers:
Bailey Peacock-Farrell.

Defenders:

Midfielders:

Forwards:
Kemar Roofe.

And who are you? ;)

Well, indeed. Who am I? A happily anonymous nobody hiding in the folds of life.

My comment wasn't a criticism of you. On the contrary, it was praising your knowledge of the playing staff and underscoring my own inadequacies as a Leeds fan. ;)
No problems, that's why I wrote a ;)
I have a lot of humor, even though it can be quite strange sometimes... :)
alwaysleeds

Post by alwaysleeds »

Prediction, first team squad 2018-19:

Goalkeepers:
Jamal Blackman (loan), Kamil Miazek, Bailey Peacock-Farrell.

Defenders:
Luke Ayling, Gaetano Berardi, Liam Cooper, Bryce Hosannah, Pontus Jansson, Paudie O'Connor, Tom Pearce, Conor Shaughnessy + one new defender.

Midfielders:
Ezgjan Alioski, Lewis Baker (loan), Stuart Dallas, Adam Forshaw, Pablo Hernandez, Callum Nicell, Kalvin Phillips, Oriol Rey, Samuel Saiz, Ronaldo Vieira.

Forwards:
Jack Clarke, Sam Dalby, Ryan Edmondson, Tyler Roberts, Kemar Roofe, Matej Vydra (new).

28 players
saihtam
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by saihtam »

alwaysleeds wrote:Prediction, first team squad 2018-19:
Fowards:
Jack Clarke, Sam Dalby, Ryan Edmondson, Tyler Roberts, Kemar Roofe, Matej Vydra (new).
Why not including Kun Temenuzhkov?
alwaysleeds

Post by alwaysleeds »

saihtam wrote:
alwaysleeds wrote:Prediction, first team squad 2018-19:
Fowards:
Why not including Kun Temenuzhkov?
This is just a prediction, not what I would chose myself. Some of the youngsters not included may go out on loan.

To me Temenuzhkov indeed is someone for the first team squad. :)
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Cibicki has joined Molde on a 6 month loan.
Winner of the Europa League
alwaysleeds

Post by alwaysleeds »

Updated: July 3, 2018

Goalkeepers:
Will Huffer, Kamil Miazek, Bailey Peacock-Farrell.

Defenders:
Vurnon Anita, Luke Ayling, Gaetano Berardi, Liam Cooper, Leif Davis (new), Hugo Diaz, Matty Downing, Robbie Gotts, Aapo Halme, Bryce Hosannah, Pontus Jansson, Liam Kitching, Dan Martin (new), Paudie O'Connor, Tom Pearce, Conor Shaughnessy, Pascal Struijk.

Midfielders:
Ezgjan Alioski, Lewis Baker (loan), Stuart Dallas, Adam Forshaw, Pablo Hernandez, Yosuke Ideguchi, Bobby Kamwa, Alejandro Machuca, Alfie McCalmont, Callum Nicell, Clarke Oduor, Kalvin Phillips, Oriol Rey, Samuel Saiz, Jamie Shackleton, Jordan Stevens, Ronaldo Vieira, Alex Wollerton.

Forwards:
Samuel Amissah, Adrian Balboa, Jack Clarke, Sam Dalby, Ryan Edmondson, Tyler Roberts, Kemar Roofe, Oliver Sarkic, Ousama Siddiki, Kun Temenuzhkov.

Out on loan:
Pawel Cibicki, Lewie Coyle.