What's your opinion of the manager status?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 3289

Re: What's your opinion of the manager status?

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Same as it was last season. We need some bloody good players.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Marcelo Bielsa mentioned as a possible replacement for Heckingbottom by Phil Hay.

Highly regarded, to say the least, including by some top managers/head coaches including Guardiola.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
TezzaWazzaBazza
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by TezzaWazzaBazza »

Barlow Boy wrote:Marcelo Bielsa mentioned as a possible replacement for Heckingbottom by Phil Hay.

Highly regarded, to say the least, including by some top managers/head coaches including Guardiola.
Saw that, never going to happen.
DallasWhite
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by DallasWhite »

WACCOE are going nuts over this one. Phil hat and YEP also commenting. Looks like there may be summat in it.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9188550

It was all over twitter last night as my pal emailed the link.
johnnysmiles
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by johnnysmiles »

Give me a choice between "the best coach in the world" and a manager who can get us into the Premiership, I'd take the second one every time.

Ok so he's great at improving players, but he hasn't won much has he? So do we want someone who improves players who we then can't keep, while we stay in the Championship?

So if I had to choose between Allardyce and Bielsa, I'd take Allardyce every time....

Where did Everton finish? 10th wasn't it (after a poor start).... my prediction is that they will come to regret sacking Big Sam....

I know his football is not the prettiest, but I for one have had enough of the Championship and we need someone thick-skinned enough to go to two traditionally stylish football-playing clubs (West Ham / Everton) with his own reputation for 'practical' football... and get the job done...
Karolkarol
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by Karolkarol »

If there's mileage in this and I hope there is, it needs to happen sooner rather than later. He would need as much pre season as possible to put implement his ethos (and formation) on the team.
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

Lille finished 1 point and 1 place above relegation. A good manager would have them fighting for a European spot at least.

Outside of PSG the division is poor. Don Howe was a good coach but you would not want him as manager.

The train of thought of our club's decision makers is bizarre & misguided (whether this rumour is true or not). Have we not learned from the past 2 seasons?
Karolkarol
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by Karolkarol »

Bielsa left Lille during the winter break, they had 19 points at the time. The new manager came in, changed their fortunes around and managed to obtain another 19 points. Sounds roughly like our season!

I guess, by your definition neither manager was good. Obviously nothing to do with the squad.