What's your opinion of the manager status?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: What's your opinion of the manager status?

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Personally whatever you think of Heck if the club are going to replace him then do it. This is all very unsavoury in my opinion. Give the guy his pay off then start the process of replacing him. I like Radz but there are times he comes across as very unprofessional in my opinion. Do the right thing Leeds United.
Winner of the Europa League
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

Karolkarol wrote:Bielsa left Lille during the winter break, they had 19 points at the time. The new manager came in, changed their fortunes around and managed to obtain another 19 points. Sounds roughly like our season!

I guess, by your definition neither manager was good. Obviously nothing to do with the squad.
I am just going by what I have read about him.

He was sacked with the team 2nd from bottom after overhauling the squad and spending a small fortune. Maybe in time he would have turned it around but his record is what it is.

My definition is based on facts as I know very little about him. As for the other manager, we are not rumoured to be in talks with him so that is a mute point.

Not being pedantic just looking at his recent record and it does not look good.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Thanks for sharing, RSS, all I'm hearing generally is people raving about this fella without much evidence to back up the enthusiasm. Not that I'm complaining either way, if it's him then we'll see won't we but it's good to get a bit of realism involved too?
swindonwhite
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by swindonwhite »

I so want PH gone a massive mistake bringing him in the first place - that said I feel for the guy with all these rumours & he is still the manger whether he's in Greece or on mars be sure he will be aware of this circus show. He should have been sacked before his hols & he would be a fool to want to stay now regardless what happens when he gets back - its clear nobody wants him.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Bielsa is one of the most influential coaches in the history of the game, right up there with Michels, Lebanovsky (spelling ?), Crujff and Guardiola - that's why everyone's raving.

LOSC are my French team but they've been suffering an Arsenalesque slump since building their new ground a few years ago : all the money went into the stadium and not on the first team, specifically wages. They produce LOADS of great players and have, arguably, the best academy in France, but at the moment they're a mess, drawing far too many games.

I wouldn't judge Bielsa on his time in Lille.
Mind you, I don't think he'd be a great fit in English football and he's probably past his best now anyway.

As much as it would be an interesting experiment, I think it might be more de Boer than Wenger in reality.
TezzaWazzaBazza
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by TezzaWazzaBazza »

By the criteria people are saying PH is not good enough, then neither is Bielsa. He would also cost far too much, and would demand better players than we're likely to pay for.

I really don't like all this speculation. We still look like an unstable, unprofessional club, and that isn't what success is built on.
sgt_pooly
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by sgt_pooly »

So Heck is to be sacked.

This manager rotation is no good for the club, what the hell is going on?? This has to be the right appointment, we can't keep doing this every 6 months.

I know nothing about this Argentinian guy and doubt this would be the right move tbh.

However comes in, I hope the back with funds.
swindonwhite
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by swindonwhite »

Leeds United have today confirmed that Paul Heckingbottom is to leave the club with immediate effect.
vyvanse
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by vyvanse »

Maybe Bielsa's past it, maybe not, but don't you think his reputation could help the club attract better players? I haven't followed closely his progress with Lille, Marseille or Lazio (he was in charge for 2 days lol), but I know he's a 'black or white' type of a manager, you either stick with his methods and work hard as a player, or you're left out without explanation.

I am surprised some of our fans haven't heard of him, Guardiola once praised him and said he's the best manager in the world when he was managing Athletic. Not only that but he's managed a lot of top flight clubs.
sgt_pooly
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by sgt_pooly »

Judging by the statement it's not going to be a rookie.